Yugo AK.?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Yugo AK.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Yugo AK.?

So I am thinking about getting a yugo AK...
Does anyone have one and if so do u like it or not? Is it a good buy?
I already have a couple Romanian Aks and I have a galil but I just feel like I could use an other AK so I was looking at the Yugoslavian AK And I was wondering what u guys think or have to say about them.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by Jkl-28; 11-28-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #2

I have a yugo M70ab2 and its a very nice rifle. The one issue with yugo's (and i think this is with yugo SKS also) is that many of them have a grenade launcher sight on them. Which means the gas block is different than a normal AK, because there is a nut that runs through it and if not in place correctly, will block the gas for kickback. I had to put locktight on mine so that it would stop coming loose while firing. Yugo's are heavier so they are more accurate. I have several friends with regular wasr aks and they can't even come close to my accuracy.
I've noticed lately that they've become a little hard to find so if you can get your hands on one, take it.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:25 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have one of the Yugo underfolders. I love that rifle. I thought that with the metal folding stock that it would be uncomfortable to shoot, but I found it to be no problem at all. Also, it folds to such a short length that it can be kept nearly anywhere. I would like to find another similar to it.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:21 AM   #4

If there's one thing I learned don't let that slightly different gas block put you off, it can actually be a huge advantage for example in adverse conditions. I've found that simply adjusting the position of the gas restrictor can allow for much better firing with a fouled barrel, bolt, or gas system. The extra pressure seems to force the gun to work peroid. I would not however reccomend opening the restrictor like that for normal conditions as the excess pressure can in fact damage the gun.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:18 AM   #5

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

My dad owns a Yugo. Love love love shooting the thing. Shot the snot out of it, no probs. Yugo made AK's are supposed to be one of the best correct?

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #6

They're up there if you really want the best you want russian made (exceptionally rare) then after that norincos and yugos are pretty even if you get a new yugo. The milsurp yugos are pretty hit and miss

Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine View Post
If there's one thing I learned don't let that slightly different gas block put you off, it can actually be a huge advantage for example in adverse conditions. I've found that simply adjusting the position of the gas restrictor can allow for much better firing with a fouled barrel, bolt, or gas system. The extra pressure seems to force the gun to work peroid. I would not however reccomend opening the restrictor like that for normal conditions as the excess pressure can in fact damage the gun.
Unfortunately the gas block plug on the Yugo AK is not one that you can toggle. Its either open if the grenade sight is down, or closed if grenade sight is up. I think SKSs can be toggled but not the AK.
As for which AK is the best, I can only say Yugo AKs are made thicker. They have milled receivers so they are heavier. And from my experience most of the Yugos have pretty nice sights compared to some of the wasr's ive seen.
Mr. AK himself says that he thinks the Bulgarian model AKs are the best.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:17 AM   #8

I know what I meant is that often the most buildup in the system happens around there and the bolt. Toggle the switch a few times and you should knock the crap loose enough for the rifle to get sufficent pressure to cycle the bolt. Like I said I wouldn't do it unless I had to all that crap will screw up your gun pretty good if you don't clean it enough.