Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Yugo 59/66 Trigger Malfuction?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Yugo 59/66 Trigger Malfuction?

I have just purchased a yugo 59/66 cai and I think a piece in the trigger called the disconnector(I circled it in the picture) prevents the gun from firing while the bolt assembly is in the all the way forward position. If I follow the bolt assembly up with my hand and don't let it completely lock in the closed position the trigger will pull but upon removing the housing I've noticed the hammer hits the bolt carrier before reaching the firing pin. I attempted to fire it without having it locked in the all the way forward position and the firing pin only lightly touched the primer's I was then notified it might explode from not being all the way sealed. The trigger just pulls if the bolt assembly is all the way forward I have to pull it back about a inch in order for it to disengage the disconnector(someone told me the chamber isn't completely sealed and could cause a explosion)? I wasnt sure if this was true because I did see that the hammer hits the bolt carrier closing the gap before hitting the firing pin. Unsure whats going on here any help would be greatly appreciated.

new-bitmap-image.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8445 Times on 3663 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Really unsure what your question is- BUT-

Firing before bolt is fully closed is known as "firing out of battery" and is VERY bad. The breech of the weapon serves to contain a great deal of force. FOOB means breech is not locked. This can hurt YOU (forget about hurting the rifle!)

When you pull trigger of a semi-auto, it fires, extracts, and loads a second cartridge, faster than most human reflexes. The disconnector prevents the weapon from dropping the hammer again (you still have trigger pulled back, remember?) It MAY fire full auto, but if hammer is riding the bolt closed, more likely to not fire at all (soft strike on primer)

With an EMPTY rifle, draw back bolt, pull trigger, release trigger. Let bolt go forward, pull trigger again. No CLICK- hammer was released when bolt was back. STOP, take rifle to gunsmith.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 08-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Not being a gunsmith and not having the gun in front of me, all I can suggest is removing the bolt/carrier assy, remove the trigger housing/trigger assy and re-install the trigger housing/trigger assy. making sure it snaps into place correctly. Installing the trigger housing on my Yugo is difficult at best due to spring tension. If not seated properly, neither the hammer or disconnector will make full contact with the bolt. I am also assuming you assembled the bolt-to-carrier assy correctly.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 08-09-2009 at 02:01 PM.