Your takes on the AK-47. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Your takes on the AK-47.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickofnotliving View Post
The people who claim the rifle is inaccurate still seem to hold on to the old world cold war mentality that anything the commies came up with was wrong. I was always an AR shooter until recently and when I figured out the different stance and characteristics of the AK, I was able to shoot it with the same degree of precision as I expect from my AR.
Bear in mind accurate was not as important as rate of fire to the

"commies" at the time. They would fire at a target with AKs, SKSs, or

M/Ns as a squad, platoon, or company, and flood a distant target area

with a storm of bullets, much like heavy shotgun fire. These guns

are cheap, easy to make, and easy to use.

Bear also in mind that these stout, reliable weapons won the wars.

"Commie" politics lost the peace...

FWIW, the AK does exactly what it's designed to do-provide armies

with affordable, reliable firepower.

I also occasionally enjoy "ripping off a 30 round mag" with my WASR.

It has a great look and feel.

Unfortunately, accuracy is sacrificed upon the altar of

reliability and convenience, with this particular platform. However, I

can't recall anyone who's faced them in a firefight braying on about how

"inaccurate" they are...

Last edited by therewolf; 03-31-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5Last5Rebel View Post
It's not that they thrash the AK they just say it's very inaccurate. And it's called the Discovery channel by the way. Also the Military channel.
Tactical Arms is a show w/ Larry Vickers.

Link - http://vickerstactical.com/

Is this the show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Tactical Arms is a show w/ Larry Vickers.

Link - http://vickerstactical.com/

Is this the show?
Yes I love this show. He doesn't base how accurate or reliable a gun is by something he read in a book, he bases it all on what he's experienced with the guns himself. I love it because they actually use the guns on the show and they put a lot of them through tests on how reliable they are and how accurate they are. I would like to meet him and his partner someday. It would be bada$$ to spend a day on the range with them.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5Last5Rebel View Post
Yes I love this show. He doesn't base how accurate or reliable a gun is by something he read in a book, he bases it all on what he's experienced with the guns himself. I love it because they actually use the guns on the show and they put a lot of them through tests on how reliable they are and how accurate they are. I would like to meet him and his partner someday. It would be bada$$ to spend a day on the range with them.
Take one of his classes. He is probably one of the most recognized instructors in the world.

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default My 2 cents...

Not only are the AK47 and it's clones tough and reliable, but being an assault weapon, it is very capable of delivering excellent accuracy within the range it was built for.

If you want a weapon that will work under the toughest conditions any human can stand...you want the AK. If you want a tack driver beyond the ranges your AK can reliably hit...you just choose another weapon, like an AR.

Each and every firearm has it's limitations...it's the mission that dictates which weapon to reach for...not the other way around. If I had to pick one weapon to face the end of the world...give me my AK !!...because I will be fighting in an urban enviornment...not shooting beyond 300 yards.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #16

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTER13
Not only are the AK47 and it's clones tough and reliable, but being an assault weapon, it is very capable of delivering excellent accuracy within the range it was built for.

If you want a weapon that will work under the toughest conditions any human can stand...you want the AK. If you want a tack driver beyond the ranges your AK can reliably hit...you just choose another weapon, like an AR.

Each and every firearm has it's limitations...it's the mission that dictates which weapon to reach for...not the other way around. If I had to pick one weapon to face the end of the world...give me my AK !!...because I will be fighting in an urban enviornment...not shooting beyond 300 yards.
And it will NEVER let you down!

Old 03-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #17

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I sure like my wasr~10. Probably the most ridiculed rifle around. It would be one of the last guns I would get rid of and the first one I'd pickup in a bugout situation.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:00 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

People need more exposer w/ quality ARs.

Quote:

Old 04-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #19

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
People need more exposer w/ quality ARs.
Don't come to an ak thread with your snooty 22 caliber.:-):-):-):-)

Old 04-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6665 Times on 3546 Posts
Likes Given: 499

a vz58 is on my future buy list which is a czech varient. however my main complaint is the horrible ergonomics compaired to the ar15. spend some time doing mag changes with both and operating the safeties etc. run both dry the ar locks open the ak doesnt. even combat reloads the ak is slower due to the need to manually remove the mag with the off hand then grab a fresh lock in place.

if its run dry you get that life or death click then realize no bullets left. with a little experience on the ar15 you can tell when the last round was fired by feel.

while practical combat accuracy is the same so is practical combat reliability.

anyway, i wouldnt take one to war.

just my opinion
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Closed Thread