Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Your takes on the AK-47.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Your takes on the AK-47.

The AK-47 is my favorite rifle of all time. It's been around for 65 years and is still used today. It's very reliable and tough. I love the sound of 30 rounds of 7.63x39mm blazing. It bothers me though when I hear the so called "experts" talk about how it is very inaccurate. Only once have I heard someone say that the AK-47 was more accurate than it is given credit for and they were the guys who actually used the weapons they talked about on the show. It was a guy on the show called Tactical Arms. I strongly agree with this. If you really wanna know about ho

Stay safe, stay Second Amendment.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2012, 05:51 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

How accurate they really are then try one that is actually sited in from someone who knows what the hell they are doing. I'm not saying it is AR accurate cause we all know that it sure as hell is not. It's just more accurate than most people believe. If you do own a AK you probably agree with me. Just my 2 cents. What's your take on the AK?

Old 03-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

You're talking about Larry Vickers. He is for sure a subject matter expert.

That said I don't know where you hang out but I don't know of a single "expert" who has ever talked bad about the AK47.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-31-2012, 06:07 AM   #4

mine is very accurate

Old 03-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I trust my AK to hit 8" targets all day up to 300 yards. Why do I trust it? Because it can hit my 8" steel target without fail at 300.

Put red dot on top of little white steel target 300 yards away, gently pull trigger, BANG! ...tink.

Beyond that distance my 50 year old eyes can't see well anyway.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #6

I like them but I prefer the AK 74 because it annoys farther, it's more accurate, and the ammo is a he'll of a lot cheaper

Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #7

I'm going to pick up my AK 103 in a few weeks I'm excited because I love the AK 74m s platform and accuracy combined with 7.62*39

Old 03-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #8

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5Last5Rebel
How accurate they really are then try one that is actually sited in from someone who knows what the hell they are doing. I'm not saying it is AR accurate cause we all know that it sure as hell is not. It's just more accurate than most people believe. If you do own a AK you probably agree with me. Just my 2 cents. What's your take on the AK?
I do own one, a cheaper one at that just a WASR with some furniture, 2000+ rounds down and no its not the most accurate rifle ever made but it has no issues and with a scope and a trained shooter will do good work. A guy on here said his has a red dot and made a 4" group at 125 yards 10 rounds. Not bad. Love my ak never has an issue its a great gun that cannot be argued with. Cheers

Old 03-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
You're talking about Larry Vickers. He is for sure a subject matter expert.

That said I don't know where you hang out but I don't know of a single "expert" who has ever talked bad about the AK47.
It's not that they thrash the AK they just say it's very inaccurate. And it's called the Discovery channel by the way. Also the Military channel.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

The people who claim the rifle is inaccurate still seem to hold on to the old world cold war mentality that anything the commies came up with was wrong. I was always an AR shooter until recently and when I figured out the different stance and characteristics of the AK, I was able to shoot it with the same degree of precision as I expect from my AR.

Closed Thread