Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Would Having A Bumpski Make A Red-Dot Scope Obsolete?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default Would Having A Bumpski Make A Red-Dot Scope Obsolete?

A question here. Is having a Bumpski too much to also install a red-dot scope? Would having the Bumpski make any scopes obsolete because of rapid firing?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Not obsolete just kinda pointless, but I think a bumpski or any other bump fire device is kinda stupid.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
Not obsolete just kinda pointless, but I think a bumpski or any other bump fire device is kinda stupid.
Please elaborate. How so?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #4

Inaccurate (usually), waste of ammo, expensive for what it does.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #5

Likes Given: 1

Full-auto fire is dumb. Unless you're giving cover there is NO reason to do it other than to have fun. In a real war situation or tactical situation it should never be used. You have too much potential of hitting by standers and just too much can go wrong. I would rather be able to get on target rather than spread everywhere.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Don't waste your $.. I just sold my SlideFire because its not accurate and you run through rounds wayyy too fast. It's a TON of fun, no doubt, but like I said, I sold mine after about a month..

Old 10-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

when you're bump firing, your optic will not matter because you won't be able to use it. Enjoy the full auto, don't worry about optics.

when you're shooting semi auto, yes you can still do that with a bump stock, you will have the advantages of whatever optic you mount.

is it overkill? no. is full auto practical? no. is it enough fun to be worth the cost considering you will have no class 3 prices or paperwork to deal with? absolutely. will it burn up a ****load of ammo? ohh, more than you can imagine! is ammo cost a deal breaker? hell no, that's what they make reloading equipment for. besides, who needs groceries anyways

Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5323 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist88 View Post
Full-auto fire is dumb. Unless you're giving cover there is NO reason to do it other than to have fun. In a real war situation or tactical situation it should never be used. You have too much potential of hitting by standers and just too much can go wrong. I would rather be able to get on target rather than spread everywhere.
i beg to differ. full auo when properly trained is devastingly effective and accurate. this usually is achieved by 3-4 round bursts with shoulder fired guns and 8-10 round bursts with tripod or bipod belt feds.

the military typically does not invest the ammo and time in an individual soldier to achieve that skill level so the myth that full auto is useless persists.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #9

Well I would prefer semi at anything over 150-200 yrds but full auto has its place.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1103 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 633

yes, full auto or burst, when the user is well trained can be effective at oh 50-60 yards and closer for shoulder fire rifles. for belt fed, such as the 249 saw or the 240g. small burst, but close to being full auto is great out to 350 yards. after that it's just supressive , making noise fire. at 200 yards give me a 240g, and 200 rounds. i'll give you 20 SECONDS of fun!

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.