Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Would Having A Bumpski Make A Red-Dot Scope Obsolete? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/would-having-bumpski-make-red-dot-scope-obsolete-73288/)

PanBaccha 09-27-2012 04:46 PM

Would Having A Bumpski Make A Red-Dot Scope Obsolete?

A question here. Is having a Bumpski too much to also install a red-dot scope? Would having the Bumpski make any scopes obsolete because of rapid firing? :confused:

Garadex 09-27-2012 05:04 PM

Not obsolete just kinda pointless, but I think a bumpski or any other bump fire device is kinda stupid.

PanBaccha 09-27-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garadex (Post 956538)
Not obsolete just kinda pointless, but I think a bumpski or any other bump fire device is kinda stupid.

Please elaborate. How so?

Garadex 09-28-2012 01:08 AM

Inaccurate (usually), waste of ammo, expensive for what it does.

Nihilist88 10-03-2012 08:49 PM

Full-auto fire is dumb. Unless you're giving cover there is NO reason to do it other than to have fun. In a real war situation or tactical situation it should never be used. You have too much potential of hitting by standers and just too much can go wrong. I would rather be able to get on target rather than spread everywhere.

Isis0927 10-10-2012 12:48 AM

Don't waste your $.. I just sold my SlideFire because its not accurate and you run through rounds wayyy too fast. It's a TON of fun, no doubt, but like I said, I sold mine after about a month..

ryguy00 10-10-2012 02:14 AM

when you're bump firing, your optic will not matter because you won't be able to use it. Enjoy the full auto, don't worry about optics.

when you're shooting semi auto, yes you can still do that with a bump stock, you will have the advantages of whatever optic you mount.

is it overkill? no. is full auto practical? no. is it enough fun to be worth the cost considering you will have no class 3 prices or paperwork to deal with? absolutely. will it burn up a ****load of ammo? ohh, more than you can imagine! is ammo cost a deal breaker? hell no, that's what they make reloading equipment for. besides, who needs groceries anyways:D

JonM 10-10-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihilist88 (Post 963227)
Full-auto fire is dumb. Unless you're giving cover there is NO reason to do it other than to have fun. In a real war situation or tactical situation it should never be used. You have too much potential of hitting by standers and just too much can go wrong. I would rather be able to get on target rather than spread everywhere.

i beg to differ. full auo when properly trained is devastingly effective and accurate. this usually is achieved by 3-4 round bursts with shoulder fired guns and 8-10 round bursts with tripod or bipod belt feds.

the military typically does not invest the ammo and time in an individual soldier to achieve that skill level so the myth that full auto is useless persists.

Garadex 10-10-2012 02:27 AM

Well I would prefer semi at anything over 150-200 yrds but full auto has its place.

jjfuller1 10-10-2012 02:54 AM

yes, full auto or burst, when the user is well trained can be effective at oh 50-60 yards and closer for shoulder fire rifles. for belt fed, such as the 249 saw or the 240g. small burst, but close to being full auto is great out to 350 yards. after that it's just supressive , making noise fire. at 200 yards give me a 240g, and 200 rounds. i'll give you 20 SECONDS of fun!