Is it worth trading my 12 gauge to get an AK before the ban? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Is it worth trading my 12 gauge to get an AK before the ban?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 569 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 2448

Perhaps you can find a range that rents,
and try one.
Dont think I would trade a Benelli for one.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadecorp
Perhaps you can find a range that rents,
and try one.
Dont think I would trade a Benelli for one.
Thanks for the suggestion but i live in Vermont i don't now of any ranges that rent most are owned privately as hunting clubs

Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 569 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 2448

After thinking about this,
I had an AK-47, once.
It's ok for a novelty gun.
Unless its Full Auto.
I would rather have a Lever Action in 45 colt.
My Son and I went to Turners today,
WOW! Could not get close to the counter,
tooo many people.
Wanted to see if they had the L/A in 45.
Bought a brick of 22's.
I will advise waiting till this mess calms down and then think about whether or not you really want the AK.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtfilamguy
I am thinking of trading my benelli supernova for an ak but i am not sure that is a wise option? What do you guys think? I have never owned an Ak but would like to get my hands on one before i can't get one and though i enjoy my benelli it can be replaced by a mossberg
Now is not the time to try and acquire an ak-47. Not sure what your shotgun is worth but unless the ak is made of gold you will be losing money. Panic buying will only waste your money. Don't get me wrong though I own 3 of them and they will never leave my side

Old 01-07-2013, 03:38 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1099 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 458

A superb AK with 10 quality magazines is worth 10 shotguns, in my opinion. I would not trade my Arsenal SLR-101S for any type of shotgun, even an automatic AA-12 shotgun.

That said, a Benelli is an excellent shotgun and if you did not feel the need to purchase an AK before, then why now?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8281 Times on 4786 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

I am not nor would I advise getting anything new right now, unless something falls in my lap. I certainly would not trade your Benelli for an AK. Personally I don't care for AKs, but whatever floats your boat. I would wait until the dust dies down. If (mighty big "if" there) a ban is enacted then I would just forget about it for awhile. I can't see any way that a ban would not cause some huge watershed changes and I don't mean the kind of changes that the anti-gunners are hoping for. Bide your time for now.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you really want one and can work out the deal get one. Like said their not the most accurate or best built rifle but I enjoy shooting mine. Kinda like my Win. mod 94, I never use it for hunting anymore but I like shooting it.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512
A superb AK with 10 quality magazines is worth 10 shotguns, in my opinion. I would not trade my Arsenal SLR-101S for any type of shotgun, even an automatic AA-12 shotgun.

That said, a Benelli is an excellent shotgun and if you did not feel the need to purchase an AK before, then why now?
For the most part I was looking to get one at some point anyway but my interest has peaked because I am concerned that i may not find one for quite some time. Though now i think it best to wait till all the bull clears and panic buying ends.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtfilamguy View Post

For the most part I was looking to get one at some point anyway but my interest has peaked because I am concerned that i may not find one for quite some time. Though now i think it best to wait till all the bull clears and panic buying ends.
I think you are wise to wait or you may end up paying panic prices. I was looking at purchasing an Ak or Ar after the holidays but have since postponed such plans. Here is a local "deal" I found.

forumrunner_20130111_103253.jpg

Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo1

I think you are wise to wait or you may end up paying panic prices. I was looking at purchasing an Ak or Ar after the holidays but have since postponed such plans. Here is a local "deal" I found.
Yeah i hear you i have seen some ridiculous price gouging in the last couple weeks for example i saw what was a seven hundred dollar bushmaster Ar advertised for something like $1500 and the worst part is all the dealers are bumping their prices as well. My local gun show is less than a month away and i shudder to think what the prices may be there