Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Is it worth trading my 12 gauge to get an AK before the ban? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/worth-trading-my-12-gauge-get-ak-before-ban-79822/)

vtfilamguy 12-30-2012 05:54 PM

Is it worth trading my 12 gauge to get an AK before the ban?

I am thinking of trading my benelli supernova for an ak but i am not sure that is a wise option? What do you guys think? I have never owned an Ak but would like to get my hands on one before i can't get one and though i enjoy my benelli it can be replaced by a mossberg

steadyshot 12-30-2012 06:01 PM

If you want an AK, don't procrastinate. They definitely aren't getting any cheaper...

vtfilamguy 12-30-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steadyshot
If you want an AK, don't procrastinate. They definitely aren't getting any cheaper...

Not sure if i should go for a wasr or pick up a zastava pistol

Axxe55 12-30-2012 08:14 PM

i don't mean to sound mean, but did you need or want one before the idea that a ban might come to pass? if the answer is no, then just keep your shotgun and enjoy it. if your answer is yes, then i would just wait it out a few months and let the panic buying subside and more than likely prices will become more reasonable.

even if, (huge if) they do pass another ban, it would be more than likely at least six months to a year before it was enacted.

GaryGlock 12-30-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtfilamguy (Post 1072152)
I am thinking of trading my benelli supernova for an ak but i am not sure that is a wise option? What do you guys think? I have never owned an Ak but would like to get my hands on one before i can't get one and though i enjoy my benelli it can be replaced by a mossberg

your sounding as if the ban is a deffinite thing. You don't walk into a ball game expecting to get beat do you?

Wait a few months, prices will go down and you will get a nice one at a FAIR price.

vtfilamguy 12-30-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55
i don't mean to sound mean, but did you need or want one before the idea that a ban might come to pass? if the answer is no, then just keep your shotgun and enjoy it. if your answer is yes, then i would just wait it out a few months and let the panic buying subside and more than likely prices will become more reasonable.

even if, (huge if) they do pass another ban, it would be more than likely at least six months to a year before it was enacted.

You don't sound mean at all you sound like a responsible enthusiast. I assure you that my interest is not based on video games nor fear of impending restriction i just want. To try and get something nice before prices go truly insane or supply dries up from panic buying

vtfilamguy 12-30-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryGlock
your sounding as if the ban is a deffinite thing. You don't walk into a ball game expecting to get beat do you?

Wait a few months, prices will go down and you will get a nice one at a FAIR price.

I don't mean to sound defeatist and i hope i don't come across as such. I hope that the media's fear mongering ends soon and people come to their senses on the whole ban issue.

GaryGlock 12-30-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtfilamguy (Post 1072364)

I don't mean to sound defeatist and i hope i don't come across as such. I hope that the media's fear mongering ends soon and people come to their senses on the whole ban issue.

Nah not really. I just say stuff like that because now is our time to fight, not lay down an take it. Id like everyone to do the same.

Obviously nobody on here can tell you what will happen. A ban man be inacted and prices will get even more rediculous, or it won't happen and prices will drop. It's a judgement call you need to make.
Pay on the high end now and guarantee yourself a rifle, or wait and take the risk you may not own one. You should wait a week or so make sure you still feel the same way, and if you think you must have one still, go get one.

Axxe55 12-30-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtfilamguy (Post 1072357)
You don't sound mean at all you sound like a responsible enthusiast. I assure you that my interest is not based on video games nor fear of impending restriction i just want. To try and get something nice before prices go truly insane or supply dries up from panic buying

thank you, i am just taking a more practical position. most of the people buying had no intentions of owning one until the thought was they might be banned. IMO, if you clearly had no need or wanto f one before this, then why do they want one now? just seems rather stupid to me. i am sure there are those trying to buy up some so they can jack up the price and make a hefty profit. well personally i hope they get hung out to dry for trying to manipulate the market. just my opinions.

Chainfire 12-30-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtfilamguy (Post 1072364)

The only fear mongering I hear is coming from these types of forums. It goes along with panic buying. It is, however, interesting that so many gun owners have accepted it as a fact. Why would that be?