Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Wierd Norinco (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/wierd-norinco-62627/)

synical 04-16-2012 04:51 AM

Wierd Norinco

1 Attachment(s)
I have been doing some research on my Norinco to see possibly what year it is and I have noticed many serial numbers come up with something like 1023564 just for instance! and many people say they have chinese symbols on them and so forth. However the one I have the serial number starts K54xx and thats it. K and four digits. and no chinese symbols it does have the two triangles stamped in it and it also says KSI Pamona Ca but that is it. all the serial numbers from the bolt carrier, trigger group, mag well and bolt have the same serial number stamped in them. Does this mean it is a post war rifle? Oh and it has the blade bayonet! Anyone have a clue? Oh and it does say Norinco SKS 7.62x39 China on it.

therewolf 04-17-2012 08:08 PM

(deep breath)

The "KXXXX" is the original serial #. (hopefully, for you, they all match)

This serial is attached to the date(year) at the top of the breech

on the rifle barrel. The ATF(Our paragon of virtue with firearms...:rolleyes:)

made a different serial # which is different for that particular gun, no

matter what the year. It's the long # next to KSI, Pamona, CA.

Look closely, there is probably a small 10-digit # engraved there,

which is the gun's domestic serial# for ATF purposes.

The Chinese and Russians loved stamping their rifles with

armory markings, but due to the cold war the information

has been shrouded in secrecy for decades, and mere bits and pieces

of information from behind the iron curtain are just coming to

light now.

It looks like a great little carbine.

I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

synical 04-18-2012 02:27 PM

thanks for the reply but as doing farther research on the gun I found out its a sino soviet sks. the Sino Soviets had a letter followed by four numbers to the left of the manufacturing stamp or triangle everyone knows about. Mine is a /26\ which also indicates Sino Soviet cause this is the factory in which they were made. It has taken me quite a bit of reading to find out this is what I have. And yes all the stamps match. From what I have found out In 1956 the Sino Soviets had the serial number to the left of the cartouche stamp and afterwards put the serial number to the right of the cartouche. in 1963 three chinese symbols were added to the right of the cartouche before the serial number. So basically what I have is a Russian made weapon from China. And no there is no other numbers around the norinco 7.62x39 It has taken me many sites and lots of articals to figure this out! I also have one more post stating info on the weapon in the post Chinese Norinco first year production.

JonM 04-18-2012 04:51 PM

One of the reasons that combloc stuff has to have eltropenciled sn is that its common practice for the soviets to start production numbers over when the year changes.

Mosin #1 rolls off the assembly line in 1942 then in 1943 mosin #1 rolls off the line again.

US law states each gun has to have a unique number. This results in countries with that practice all imports have to be stamped or penciled with a distinct us number

c3shooter 04-18-2012 11:56 PM

BTW, Norinco came into being in 1980. Nice looking carbine.

synical 04-19-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 775073)
BTW, Norinco came into being in 1980. Nice looking carbine.

The type 56 came out in 1956 and that is what I am talking about!

Gh0zt36 08-05-2012 03:01 AM

might you have a first production year? http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/chinese-norinco-first-production-year-62699/

synical 08-08-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 (Post 893209)

yeah I posted that intry!