where to find AKs
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > where to find AKs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Default where to find AKs

Where can I find a good first AK for $650 or less (ish) feel free to make recommendations.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #2

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

hahahahaha, ME TO, right here! this guy!!

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #3

Say what now?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
Say what now?
Ditto, me to. Now clue dude, there's a guy in Vendor part of the site that has a bunch of AR's still at about a grand each.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #5

No opinions on this?

Old 12-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #6

Quote:
No opinions on this?
Are you aware of what's going on right now?

Old 12-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2101 Times on 1151 Posts
Likes Given: 629

You are 2 weeks late and $1k short.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1153 Times on 640 Posts
Likes Given: 498

Anyone else here miss the days when a good Chinese MAK-90 could be had for 300-350? I wish they'd bring the Commie rifles back. Apparently when a Commie is in charge they frown on permitting their subjects, who can never be trusted with arms, to own or buy modern sporting rifles. The anti-theistic deity forbids it! The hypocrite from California who carries her own concealed carry weapon while forbidding her subjects from doing the same forbids it!

Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Anyone else here miss the days when a good Chinese MAK-90 could be had for 300-350? I wish they'd bring the Commie rifles back. Apparently when a Commie is in charge they frown on permitting their subjects, who can never be trusted with arms, to own or buy modern sporting rifles. The anti-theistic deity forbids it! The hypocrite from California who carries her own concealed carry weapon while forbidding her subjects from doing the same forbids it!
pfft, Obama has been the best thing to happen to the gun industry in 40 years. Gun Shop Owners were celebrating today after that press conference.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #10

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Where can I find a good first AK for $650 or less (ish) feel free to make recommendations.
This is the only place that has one in stock, but they have stopped selling until their shipping dept. can get caught up.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ak-74-bulgarian-standard-rifle-waffen-werks-detail.html?Itemid=0

But it will be a little higher than you expected, it's $699.
It is an AK 74 so the ammo is cheaper.........if you don't wait & buy it right now. Who knows when it will go through the roof.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton