Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > What's the REAL accuracy of an AK chambered in 7,62x39?300-400m!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
My guess, because its practical accuracy does not redeem its weight. Even the Finns have stopped making it.
Am..have you ever heard about the Galil ACE?The galil born again recently

Old 11-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #42

Quote:
Doc. Overreaching again. Small arms were lend leased to the USSR. The quote you gave says nothing to dispute it. The numbers were modest, 130 thousand or more. I have personally seen a WW2 photo of Red Sailors aiming their Tommy guns in the Northern Front. The M1 carbines were supplied in small numbers. But how many does it take to study the design? There was also 1 (one) documented M1 Garand delivered to the USSR. Good chance it was the one studied and reported to the Technical Council of the State Defense Committee in 1943.

This is way off topic, but I know these waters, no pun intended. And Mark: I am not assured. You simply don't know.
And I'm not the only one who doesn't.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post

Well, some of the features of the rifle have been copied.

Folding stock and thumb safety lever:

http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/SAM7SF.html

AR Sighting system:

http://www.tech-sights.com/ak.htm

Picatinny rail for optics, AR sighting system, push-button mag release

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-12

There are a variety of last-round bolt-hold-open devices, too, the simplest being magazines that block the forward movement of the bolt after the last round is fired.

How much more accurate is your Galil than an Arsenal SLR-106? Have you shot both of them?

Anyway, yeah, I guess it's better than a stock AK of yore but I'm not sure what the Galil does that the AK doesn't do?
I think that the galil is more accurate, but it depends on what variant are we talking about.Have you tried the ne Galil ACE

Old 11-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 837 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth View Post
I think that the galil is more accurate, but it depends on what variant are we talking about.Have you tried the ne Galil ACE
Mark, no I have not shot that particular variant. It looks like a jazzed up Galil with a lot of features that American rifles have had for quite some time.

What does the Galil ACE do that the SCAR-16S doesn't do?

Am I missing something?

Old 11-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1323 Times on 918 Posts
Likes Given: 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Mark, no I have not shot that particular variant. It looks like a jazzed up Galil with a lot of features that American rifles have had for quite some time.

What does the Galil ACE do that the SCAR-16S doesn't do?

Am I missing something?
You are not. It is gone from service because almost 10 lbs with a long profile is too much. Today it is a milsurp/refurb sporting rifle, like the SKS. It can probably hold its own against commercial sporter AKs such as the Super Vepr. But unlike those, it is also a piece of history, and a future collectible.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #46

Quote:

You are not. It is gone from service because almost 10 lbs with a long profile is too much. Today it is a milsurp/refurb sporting rifle, like the SKS. It can probably hold its own against commercial sporter AKs such as the Super Vepr. But unlike those, it is also a piece of history, and a future collectible.
Mercator...the galil is gone out of service?Are you kidding me?Have I really to send you some pictures and official reports?Ask venezuelan army band bodyguards band security personnel aroind the world what do they think about the galil, especially the new versions.You really don't know what you're talking about.A galil costs a lot of money....why?because it si a ****ty weapon?

Old 11-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1323 Times on 918 Posts
Likes Given: 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth View Post
Mercator...the galil is gone out of service?Are you kidding me?Have I really to send you some pictures and official reports?Ask venezuelan army band bodyguards band security personnel aroind the world what do they think about the galil, especially the new versions.You really don't know what you're talking about.A galil costs a lot of money....why?because it si a ****ty weapon?
It is out of service where it matters. Israel. Places like Venezuela are of trivial concern, if you are paying attention to the subject. The Galil is expensive, because it is a rock solid rifle, but mostly because of its pedigree and history.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #48

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I own a vepyr in 7.62/51 prefer it against my m14 and fn fal it is far more reliable with milord net tactical stock I'd carry it for firepower over the 22s used today

Old 11-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #49

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dang auto correct molot tactical rail stock

Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #50

Quote:
It is out of service where it matters. Israel. Places like Venezuela are of trivial concern, if you are paying attention to the subject. The Galil is expensive, because it is a rock solid rifle, but mostly because of its pedigree and history.
The galil is expensive because it is a really good rifle.Are you sure that it is out of service in Israel?Ask Special forces.I personally know a former Mossad member that used it in several operations-EVEN IF HE HAD THE POSSIBILITY TO CHOOSE OTHER RIFLES.

But...you're almost right.The modern Israeli military forces are equipped mainly with AR15 rifles and the relatively new TAVOR.