What is your "SKS of choice"??? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > What is your "SKS of choice"???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Sks sporter!!! imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1393430864.993370.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #62

My Yugos are a bit more rugged than my former Chinese, but it was a very good rifle.

Pardon me for mentioning "popped primers". This just happened in both Yugo M59s (not 66), both all-matching and in excellent condition.

My new Tula ammo could be an issue, but if you want to learn something about primer issues, read detailed comments by Ben Murray at SKSboards.

He owns Murray's Gunsmithing in TX, and for a modest charge he can do precision reaming of the bore's 'free space'. Rifles with such work never again have popped primers.
One of Ben's theories is that various SKS must have been manufactured with different amounts of free space in the chambers.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:46 AM   #63
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Thinking about picking on up now that I'm Interested in Sov. Bloc. Type guns,....I see a place in Vegas selling a "Tactical SKS" with an M4 style stock. I also see toned of ext. 20/30/40 rd SKS mags. & a 75 rd. SKS drum,..like the AK drum....thoughts? I have seen them "stock " as cheap as $279......

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 03-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6607 Times on 3681 Posts
Likes Given: 6262

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Thinking about picking on up now that I'm Interested in Sov. Bloc. Type guns,....I see a place in Vegas selling a "Tactical SKS" with an M4 style stock. I also see toned of ext. 20/30/40 rd SKS mags. & a 75 rd. SKS drum,..like the AK drum....thoughts? I have seen them "stock " as cheap as $279......

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
I have a Norinco with a fixed 20 rounder that is easily installed and removed. If I need to bring it back to original, it takes about 15 seconds. This combo has been 100 percent with e every type of ammo.
The Norincos havbe chrome plated chamber and bore. since most MilSurp ammo is corrossive, that's been a blessing.

I'd keep it stock except for the 20 round magazine. I can shove two strippers in from the top almost as fast as changing a box type mag.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #65

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I have a Norinco with a fixed 20 rounder that is easily installed and removed. If I need to bring it back to original, it takes about 15 seconds. This combo has been 100 percent with e every type of ammo.
The Norincos havbe chrome plated chamber and bore. since most MilSurp ammo is corrossive, that's been a blessing.

I'd keep it stock except for the 20 round magazine. I can shove two strippers in from the top almost as fast as changing a box type mag.
Agree on the Norinco- but I like my 30 rd mags

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-22-2014, 06:56 AM   #66

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

I got a Yugo 10 years ago and recently a nice rearsenaled 1954 Tula. Both are stock. I like the Russian better but will hang on to both.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:37 AM   #67

Liked 114 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 143

I've had two of the Chinese carbines with the 16 inch barrel. Neither were bad rifles but the last one is getting sold tomorrow. I haven't found the round to be a ".308 lite" and the little rifle just doesn't suit me. Read thru this to see if there was anything that would change my mind but it's going.

If I write a post and it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what's best for you, it's because I write like crap.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #68
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 572 Times on 344 Posts
Likes Given: 2923

My SKS Norinco. I bought, I mean traded labor for this back in 1994 or 95. One days work for the job. It shoots great with the iron sights. It has been sitting so long that yesterday when I took it to the gun range I could not make a left or right adjustment due to the screw being froze in place. So when I got home yesterday I put a few drops of gun oil on it, and will see if I can get it to move today so that I may be able to adjust it. Mine has the stock 10 round fixed magazine in it.

sks1.jpg   sks2.jpg