Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > What is your "SKS of choice"???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
Yes Norinco is chinese. The only SKS that will accept an Ak mag is the SKS-D i believe

Both the D and M model use AK mags.Sometimes they are called paratrooper models but I don't know any Chinese paratroopers that use(d) a SKS.

All that being said the/my Norinco M model SKS is my fav model. It doesn't have a bayonet to mess with (I just don't have interest in the bayonet on those rifles). It uses the standard AK mag. It's pretty dang accurate even with average ammo. What's not to like!?!?

See?? She's Purty

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 01-25-2014 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Added pic

Old 01-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #52

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

I like me Russian!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 01-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #53

Mine is a Chinese Type 56. I took it out of a sampan one night in South Vietnam in 1970 while serving on river boats in the Mekong Delta. Was granted permission to bring it home as a "war trophy" when I returned home in 1972.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:34 PM   #54

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRebel View Post
Mine is a Chinese Type 56. I took it out of a sampan one night in South Vietnam in 1970 while serving on river boats in the Mekong Delta. Was granted permission to bring it home as a "war trophy" when I returned home in 1972.
Thanks for serving!! That's cool they let you bring a sks home from Vietnam.. Post a picture of ur type 56

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1749 Times on 904 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
None of them are serious rifles by today's standards. They are an outdated design (flame on). WTS the original is probably "best". The Romanian and Albanian being close second. I like the Yugo the least because of the lack of chrome bore/chamber/gas system. The Norinco is in a different class. They are not Mil-Surp, but rather commercial copies. I have two Norinco's and they work. They are just shooters and they shoot well.
I picked up a Romanian last weekend in a trade. Best trade I ever made! Very smooth, reliable action and the trigger is pretty dang good. I was surprised to be honest, the action is as tight as my AR's

To say 'why bother' because it does not shoot like a Remington 700 with a Nikon scope is the equivalent of saying 'why bother' with a Ruger Mini 30 or Mini 14. Those aren't particularly accurate rifles either and they are manufactured today and lots of folks buy them. Not for shooting matches but for shooting. Ammo cost for these puppies is still on the cheap side compared to everything else (you can't buy .223/5.56 for $5.00/20 rounds off the shelf can you?)

The purpose of all battle rifles is to be reliable and deadly within a reasonable distance. an SKS is a carbine length rifle shooting a round that is best suited to rapid fire. Based on the shooting I have done so far I am impressed. No, it is not as accurate as my S&W AR15. but I could easily take out whatever I was aiming at with open sights out beyond a hundred yards. I would not have a use for it beyond that distance.

serious rifle by today's standards? I bet if you were being shot at by one you would take it damn serious lol.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #56

I think the SKS is a great rifle for what its supposed to do.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #57

Liked 746 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 402

The best SKS is the one with the least amount of cosmoline in the trash can at Roses. Crap that was 19 years ago.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #58

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default What is your "SKS of choice"???

Got a Russian model 1951 no chromed barrel but does have a spring in the firing pin that stops slam fires came from factory this way making it safer shoots straight 13 year old daughter can hit 1 litre pop bottles at 150 yards 4 out of 5 times

Boredintr on Firearms Talk

Old 02-08-2014, 02:06 AM   #59

The Russians are the best IMHO!

Old 02-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeman60 View Post
The norinco is the Chinese sks right?? Can they use the standard ak47 mags? If so that's a huge advantage over the rest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Firearms Talk mobile app
Yes Norinco is chinese. The only SKS that will accept an Ak mag is the SKS-D i believe

SKS-M will also accept AK mags.

Last edited by 68Impala; 02-21-2014 at 08:15 PM.