What is up with Norincos
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > What is up with Norincos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
CJx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default What is up with Norincos

Norinco SKS is the rifle I have found to have the most mixed reviews... however seems to be significantly more positive experiences than negatives.

Are the parts in these Norincos really lower quality than the other variants? We all know what quality the Chinese are known for... but I have read that their weapons are an exception to the stereotype, but have also heard that their weapons are a prime example of the stereotype.

How do Norinco SKS's stack up?

You might be a libertarian if you wonder why the definition of liberal contradicts with their views.

There is no left vs. right, no "liberal" vs. "conservative." It's greed for a few vs. prosperity for all, which side are you on?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 131 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 42

love mine. Looks and feels very well made and heavy duty. Shoots like a dream. I don't know what more one would look for in a rifle of that price. Mine was bought for around 100 back in the day though, but in todays market I would still buy it if I wanted another SKS.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2027 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 1036

In one long word, inconsistently. One gets a good working norinco and praises the Chinese. Another gets a POS and blames the Chinese. More likely than not your next chino SKS will work fine. It will be a faceless replica with no pedigree, unlike the Soviet original. I think it bothers some people but not all. Have low expectations. Stay away from beat up bargains. Inspect the rifle carefully (bring a good flashlight, many gun shops have poor lighting, and looking down the bore is mandatory) Pay a reasonable price for a good looking one, knowing that you can resell it at the next gun show, at a minimal loss.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #4

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Not had a problem with Norinco rifles. I've had a few over the years and they all did what I expected of them.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2027 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 1036

I did not mean to knock anyone's fav rifle. Norinco does not manufacture the SKS, we are talking generic mil surp. So no guarantees of any kind, but a good one is still a good one.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:31 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 213 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Some Norinco's have a threaded barrel and milled trigger group. Others have a pinned barrel and stamped trigger group.

Married 27 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member