Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > What Russian Kids are Learning

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SB777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 386
Liked 270 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
....and China has a robot on the moon......
I'm not worried by the robot on the moon but, I am worried about the fact that China produces most of the PC chips that are the brains of our computer systems including, according to a CBS report several years ago, the operating systems of many US military aircraft.
__________________

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

SB777 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

There is Blood in the water. The predators are on the move. Russia and China sees our very weak and vulnerable leadership. Putin is now seen as the most powerful leader in the world. China and Russia are rising economically.
Our Metro-sexual leader is seen as weak and an empty suite. As are economy tanks he wrestles with Gay marriage and medical marijuana laws.
A new cold war is coming. America will continue to suffer on the world stage. The American voters have chosen Socialism over Capitalism. This will prove a costly experiment.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,368
Liked 2378 Times on 1545 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
....and China has a robot on the moon......
And our government can't even support NASA anymore. So then a privatization replaces the space program while the government shifts to socialized healthcare, from private.
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is offline  
TDS92A Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,618
Liked 1033 Times on 577 Posts
Likes Given: 430

Default

Are Russian kids actually learning how to fire an AK?

We never seem to see those videos.

Our children have bullets for their AR-15's. It's smart to train your children to clean, disassemble, and reassemble your country's fighting rifle, but if they don't have adequate basic marksmanship training, it's mostly just for show.

__________________
kbd512 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jagermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,815
Liked 3859 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Are Russian kids actually learning how to fire an AK?

We never seem to see those videos.

Our children have bullets for their AR-15's. It's smart to train your children to clean, disassemble, and reassemble your country's fighting rifle, but if they don't have adequate basic marksmanship training, it's mostly just for show.
I have a close friend who went to school in Russia during the Cold War. Yes, she did learn how to fire an AK in school.
__________________

"Feuer Frei!"

Jagermeister is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,131
Liked 1669 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 853

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I have a close friend who went to school in Russia during the Cold War. Yes, she did learn how to fire an AK in school.
Ask her again. Did she qualify with an AK? Even if she was allowed to pull the trigger, that's not much to learn. The military training in Soviet grade schools was perfunctory at best. It was exaggerated on paper, as were a lot of things in the Soviet system, but perhaps also to impress the West. It worked.

You and I weren't there. But it is very unlikely a schoolgirl underwent a real military training in a normal Soviet school.
__________________
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jagermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,815
Liked 3859 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default

Mercator, where in my statement did I say she had real military training while in school? I said she learned how to fire an AK. Which, of course, includes taking care of the weapon. So, how many US schools have AR 15 in the curriculum? At least she could use the weapon if the SHTF. Can we say this about the majority of our children?

__________________

"Feuer Frei!"

Jagermeister is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,131
Liked 1669 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 853

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Mercator, where in my statement did I say she had real military training while in school? I said she learned how to fire an AK. Which, of course, includes taking care of the weapon. So, how many US schools have AR 15 in the curriculum? At least she could use the weapon if the SHTF. Can we say this about the majority of our children?
Whose "our" children? German or American?

Learning to fire does not of course mean "taking care of the weapon". Taking care is cleaning, lubricating, function checking, troubleshooting. Please, Bruder.
__________________
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jagermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,815
Liked 3859 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default

I am American. I mean US children of course. Why would German children learn how to use an AR 15? The Germans have better weapons systems. And, as far as taking care of the AK, yes it does. Oh, I was also in Russia in 1984/85. I went with my class (DODDS school) to a Russian school in Moscow. They showed off what their kids can do. I saw them perform instruments and dance. They were very talented. I also saw what I have been talking about with you. I was quite amazed as a 14 yo. I could say this all propaganda, but I can insure German schools are also way more advanced then US schools. My kids go to German schools. My son was complaining how easy school was in the US when we were in Cali for two years. He was way behind when we came back to Germany. My Daughter had to stay back a year because of her two years of US education. I feel very guilty about going to Cali for two years. My conversation is at an end for this thread. I have told you a piece of my past, but you seem to want to argue. I know what I witnessed. I know what was told to me from a someone who went through Russian school. Thank you.

__________________

"Feuer Frei!"

Jagermeister is offline  
MaineMan Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,131
Liked 1669 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 853

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I am American. I mean US children of course. Why would German children learn how to use an AR 15? The Germans have better weapons systems. And, as far as taking care of the AK, yes it does. Oh, I was also in Russia in 1984/85. I went with my class (DODDS school) to a Russian school in Moscow. They showed off what their kids can do. I saw them perform instruments and dance. They were very talented. I also saw what I have been talking about with you. I was quite amazed as a 14 yo. I could say this all propaganda, but I can insure German schools are also way more advanced then US schools. My kids go to German schools. My son was complaining how easy school was in the US when we were in Cali for two years. He was way behind when we came back to Germany. My Daughter had to stay back a year because of her two years of US education. I feel very guilty about going to Cali for two years. My conversation is at an end for this thread. I have told you a piece of my past, but you seem to want to argue. I know what I witnessed. I know what was told to me from a someone who went through Russian school. Thank you.
You are welcome. You are not the only one who fell for a Soviet/Russian staged show. I did say so instead of clicking my heels and standing on attention. I did not notice what you call "a piece of your past", but if you hold it dear, okay, then there is nothing to discuss. I want to hear opposing views, and don't mind being challenged.
__________________
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
A new game called Knock Out, kids will be kids WebleyFosbery38 Politics, Religion and Controversy 18 08-28-2013 03:40 PM
Not Pleased! What has happened to "letting kids be kids" in the school system? orangello Politics, Religion and Controversy 32 10-18-2012 07:45 PM
Learning more Mbrandt1 Semi-Auto Handguns 7 08-02-2012 02:26 PM
Learning steve666 Politics, Religion and Controversy 8 09-02-2011 10:32 AM



Newest Threads