Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   What Are High Cap AK mags going for.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/what-high-cap-ak-mags-going-6390/)

AR Hammer 08-19-2008 10:15 AM

What Are High Cap AK mags going for....

Stumbled onto a bunch of AK drums, 75 & 100 round drums I think,
Some 40 round mags,
A bunch of 30 Round mags with Russian lettering,

Can anyone tell me what the drums and 40 round mags are worth right now? (still in packaging)

Can you tell me what the Russian/Yugo 30 round mags are worth still in cosmoline and wax paper?

RONSERESURPLUS 08-19-2008 03:21 PM

AK mags and WORTH?

Hello

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

High Cap mags in AK are thre Norm, Single stack AK mags are an Freak of nature only made to alow for import!

Drums, well thats a subjective call, Romanian Drums, many are found are 50 rond capacity, not near as well made or fit as well in a China made AK as a Norenco Drum will, (Most Require a lot of Fitting and Filling to fit any AK but a Romanaian) , they load slower and not as smooth in operation, the Romanian Drums running 50-75$, I've seen some in 75 Round Capacity, add about $20.00, The TOP OPF THE LINE ARE THE POLY TECH and NORENCO DRUMS, these fit and work in any AK, are mostly 50 round though I've heard they made a 75 and 100 but negver seen on, and they got for well over 150-300$ With ehew Norenco at the low end and the Poly Tech at the Hight end, dependant on finish and condition, most china made drums were banned from Import and only are left over from the flood of Norenco and Poly Tech AKs in the 70-80, Before Clinton Got in power!

40's if Russian and Slab Sided or Ridgged? Thats matters as well, Plum Russians are about 35-50 dependant on conditon and a Yugo anything inthe wrap near $50.,00 each, Hope thi8s helps with what little ya told me about what ya have, PM me for more information!

janikphoto 08-20-2008 02:38 PM

As stated above, it depends on a few details, but a ballpark for the drum is $75 to $300 (used) and $110 to $400 (new). It depends on actual capacity and who made it.

Norinco (not norenco) makes a mighty fine drum that many people prefer over the romanian drums. It will run you twice as much as a romanian drum will. My romanian drum works fine, and cost me $110 new from sportsman's guide. I've seen some used romie drums at a gunshow for as little as $75.

I've only seen new korean, yugo, and romie mags for sale, so I can't help with the russian mag price. However, most all the mags I've purchased have been between $15 and $30 depending on size and who made it.

ranger_sxt 08-20-2008 05:22 PM

If they're Chinese drums, the 75 round drums are going for about $150-175ish. I've only seen one 100 round drum for sale anywhere in the last 5 years, and it was under-priced at $100.00. As a guess, I would say $200.00

As far as the regular mags, they could be worth anywhere from $10.00 to $100.00, depending on collectability. I could help even more if you posted pictures.

AR Hammer 08-21-2008 03:41 AM

OK, had time to root through the pile of mags today and take a closer look, and this time with a better eye for the details...
(Thanks for the details to look for guys!)

All this stuff is 'Pre Ban'...
This guy though the end of the world was coming when Slick Willie got into the White House, so this was all bought up pre ban, then he's been in a nursing home since '94 and recently died.
The kids gave this stuff to me to 'Dispose' of, and I'm clueless...

4 ea. 50 round drums, in packages. Never used that I can tell, but the finish is less than US Standards for the consumer market would be.
The one I messed with fit and fed in my MAK 90 and in my AR-47 lower. Held 51 rounds when full.
Didn't fire the rifle, just loaded and cycled the rifles to eject all 51 rounds. No Failure to load in either rifle.

Only marking is a '36' in a triangle on the drum door that flips open to load it.
The directions say, "MDGI 50-Round Drum Magazine for 7.62 MM."
Directions are reasonably translated and have a schematic cutaway type drawing of the drum front and side views.
Feeds from spiral follower that has to be wound up.
----------------------

Two Drums of the same design, larger in diameter.
The instructions say "MDGI 75 Round Drum Magazine for 7.62 MM"
Same instructions and pictures as above description.

Didn't load this drum, but did trial fit it in both MAK 90 and AR-47 lower, fit tight and locked in without problems.
------------------------

Two Drums of the same design, Larger still in diameter.
The instructions say "MDGI 100 Round Drum Magazine for 7.62 MM"
Same instructions and pictures as above description.

Trial fitted one in both rifles, and the fit snug and locked in well.
--------------------------

Two ridged side (see, I was paying attention) 30 round mags, wrapped in wax paper and still in cosmoline.
They have stickers on the wax paper, 'MADE IN CHINA'.

19 ea. 30 round mags, ridged sides, still in cosmoline sealed in plastic bags.
Some have floor plates that say 'Made In China', some have stickers stuck to the sides of them that say 'Made In China'

19 ea. 30 round mags, all new, ridged sides,
NOT in packaging, some have floor plates stamped 'Made In China', some don't. Most of these have the adheasive still on them where the 'Made In China' stickers are on the others.

3 each, 30 round mags, appear new, ridged sides,
STRANGE RIDGE down the back spine of the mag under the mag lock notch.
No markings for country of origin or adhesive where the 'Made In China' stickers were on the others.

3 each, New appearing, Short 5 round AK mags marked 'China' on the bottom.

20 Ea. 40 round mags, still in sealed plastic bags.
Sticker on the some of the mags (but not all) reads,
"AK-47 7.62 40RDS EXC45"
The floor plats are stamped with 'Made In China'

600 rounds of Norinco brand ammo, packaged in 20 round boxes.
Steel cases with steel core bullets, copper washed, sealed primers. Head stamped 31 92

1,000 rounds Norinco brand ammo, packaged in 20 round retail boxes, steel case, non magnet bullets, brass washed, sealed primers. Head stamped with a triangle 90

1,600 rounds (roughly) Russian ammo packaged 15 rounds to a box, head stamped with three Russian letters top and 92 bottom. Appears to be hollow points with steel cases and cores.
The cases are steel and treated with some sort of black coating.

Around 4,000 rounds of
"BALL M1911 Caliber .45 Lot WCC 2-91, OLIN CORPORATION" 50 round boxes but that is spoken for :D
------------------------

There are some other things here, bayonets, a set of wood stocks for an AK or maybe MAK...
Cleaning kit, rifle box instructions for a MAK 90 rifle,
One of those 'Hellfire' triggers gadgets, I assume for an AK or MAK... Just junk like that.

Lots of fired casings, most of the steel with Berdan primers which I'm probably going to throw away...

If you can give me any insight into the value of any/all of the mags & stuff so I can 'Dispose' of them ;) for the family would be great!

Thanks guys! I know ZIP about AK stuff, I have one, I have an AR lower converted to accept AK mags (Called an AR-47 lower)
& I have about a dozen standard mags, but other than that I'm Clueless.

DuckA 08-22-2008 06:45 AM

If you asked real nicely, I might be willing to help you dispose of the stuff. I'll tell you what, just send it my way so you don't have to deal with it. I guess I'll pay the shipping since I'm such a nice person. :D

THE_REPUBLICAN 08-22-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckA (Post 37365)
If you asked real nicely, I might be willing to help you dispose of the stuff. I'll tell you what, just send it my way so you don't have to deal with it. I guess I'll pay the shipping since I'm such a nice person. :D

I will also gladly "dispose" of anything you have there.

janikphoto 08-25-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR Hammer (Post 37158)
...If you can give me any insight into the value of any/all of the mags & stuff so I can 'Dispose' of them ;) for the family would be great!

Thanks guys! I know ZIP about AK stuff, I have one, I have an AR lower converted to accept AK mags (Called an AR-47 lower)
& I have about a dozen standard mags, but other than that I'm Clueless.

Are you going to offer any/all of it up for sale? I've been wanting to stock up on more steel core, and I'd like another 75 round drum. Let us know what you'll be doing with it all...

The chinese mags are supposed to be high quality, but I wouldn't expect to get rich off those. there are way too many other quality mags on the market. I think your real value lies in the drums and the boatload of ammo, since good drums are harder to find and ammo prices just keep going up and up...

AR Hammer 10-06-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janikphoto (Post 37758)
Are you going to offer any/all of it up for sale? I've been wanting to stock up on more steel core, and I'd like another 75 round drum. Let us know what you'll be doing with it all...

The chinese mags are supposed to be high quality, but I wouldn't expect to get rich off those. there are way too many other quality mags on the market. I think your real value lies in the drums and the boatload of ammo, since good drums are harder to find and ammo prices just keep going up and up...

I'm down to 2 ea. 75 round drums,
1 ea. of the 100 round drums,
4 ea. of the 'Excam' 40 round mags,
A few of the 30 round mags,
600 rounds of ammo,
and the MAK 90 with both stocks, cleaning kit, ect.,

100 Round Drum

http://www.civilianjeep.info/Private/100rdDrum01.gif

http://www.civilianjeep.info/Private/100rdDrum04.gif

http://www.civilianjeep.info/Private/100rdDrum03.gif

http://www.civilianjeep.info/Private/100rdDrum05.gif

AR Hammer 10-06-2008 04:07 PM