what to get??? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > what to get???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 04:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Sorry, I don't have any connections up there. Try GB and do a transfer to your local dealer, maybe.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Or a Dillon M-134.
absolutely!, you could have one in each arm and where this suit.......

Old 10-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #23

ok thanks for your help

Old 10-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #24

oh and do you happen to know about the Romanian aks like wasr s

Old 10-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #25

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb1 View Post
oh and do you happen to know about the Romanian aks like wasr s
I'm of the mind that most of the AK's are about the same. I know that some are better, and get better reviews, but at the end of the day they are still AK's. I have some ChiComs, a Maadi, a Hungarian SA85, and the Saiga. The Saiga is my favorite.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #26

Default CA Saiga

I have a Saiga 308 with a 16 inch barrel here in CA. There is no requirement for a bullet button if you do not have a pistol grip. My Saiga, without a pistol grip, is just fine, although I may add one if I relocate to another state. Some things I have learned:
- The short barrel is great for easy maneuvering.
- Since Saiga is essentially an AK it wasn't designed for high quality American ammunition. As a result, a fireball is often created when firing that obscures your line-of-sight and requires re-acquisition of the target after each trigger pull. There is an add-on muzzle brake available (308 SAIGA SGM MUZZLE BRAKE) to solve this problem. Be sure to get a weapon with the required 3/16 inch clearance as described. This device requires no threading.
- UTG makes a great "quick detachable" rail mount (UTG978) which works perfectly and is relatively cheap.
- I bought my Saiga 308 in CA recently for $499... a tremendous value in my opinion.
- The weapon comes out of the box with a solid forend that may have a tendency to cause overheating of the barrel. I found a fluted forend that provides ventilation while also providing side and bottom rails. The beauty of it is that the rails themselves are detachable so that you can leave them them off if not required. In CA this allows you to leave the rails off until you add a forward grip to accompany a rear pistol grip. Saiga Forend – P/N RI-STK-SAIGAHGB - $49.99 (David's Collectibles Rifle Stocks)

Be aware that I am a firm believer in 308 over 223. But we'll save that for another post.