What AK do I buy? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > What AK do I buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Ah, I missed that. Thanks TX!

Krebs huh? $2200 for an AK does seem like it would be the high end edition. Damn. That is a lot of coin for an op rod driven platform.

Thanks Guys!!
Well you did say you wanted the best

Didn't know you had a budget. If I remember right, he does have a few more economical models...around $1200

Slo

Old 09-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #32

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
Well you did say you wanted the best

Didn't know you had a budget. If I remember right, he does have a few more economical models...around $1200

Slo
Nope, that is what I wanted. I wanted to know who was turning out a top notch AK. I had never heard of him before.

I doubt I would spend that kind of money on an AK - but it's good to know there are options...

Thanks Slo!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanG23 View Post
reading reviews of people who shot and own the gun. and all of the reviews or feedback was all positive, so why not recommend it? listen, I know your just trying to start an arugement. its not gonna work. don't interrogate me please because I recommend a good AK.
Once again... it is "You're".

TXnorton

Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Nope, that is what I wanted. I wanted to know who was turning out a top notch AK. I had never heard of him before.

I doubt I would spend that kind of money on an AK - but it's good to know there are options...

Thanks Slo!
No problem, sir. YORE most welcome

Seriously though, Mark does put out probably one of the best AK's you can buy in the US of A. But, as you've seen...he does cost.

For a more affordable and available alternative, I'd have to say the Arsenal units.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #35

Quote:
Okay. I'll bite. I have a small fortune and I simply must have the top of the line, most accurate, highest tolerance, best built AK on the planet.

I am buying, what, exactly??

And no, I don't want Saddam's gold or silver plated ones.

Who makes the best damn AK on the market??

it is my opinion that the Valmet is the best ak varient ever to be conceived of!

and i want one very bad but they are far out side my pay scale....

Old 10-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No one mentioned it but an IMI Galil is probably up on the list of top AKs. It is in two cals far as I know. 5.56 and 7.62. Now there are some American clones also in 7.62x39 as well as the others afore mentioned cals. Yugo's and bulgarian's are also realy good AKs if you are not wanting to spend a fortune. Those Arsenals AKs are beautiful but I couldnt ever justify spending the money on one. It is after all just an AK.

SI VIC PACEM PARABELLUM

Old 10-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #37

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I appreciate all of the recommendations and research that most of you guys contributed. I ended up buying a floor mounted safe to safeguard the "tools" that I currently have. I'm still on the prowl...

Old 10-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #38

I own one of the WASR's romanain in the 5.45 i like the gun and marked at 300.00 for it sweet shooting gun i think. but its hard to find extra mags for them and i have the sniper stock on mine. planing on getting rid of that when i have the funds to do so if you have ak-74 stock laying around for cheap hit me up

Last edited by dirtysouth; 10-21-2009 at 04:15 AM.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #39

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Where did you find a Romo in 5.45?

I've been coming across several Bulgys, but they are CAI, which isn't bad except they are priced just under $500, which is more than I want to spend on a CAI build, especially since I'm gonna remove all furniture and several internals immediately. The other option and the one I will probably go with is the Bulgy "Rough Rider" line offered by Lancaster. For $100 more and a lifetime warranty they are much more appealing.

I've been piling up that 5.45 x 39 even though I don't yet own one chambered for it. It's an appealing round as far as accuracy and the obvious one. . . the price is right. The only down side is the availability might not last.

I would appreciate any leads to a Romo in 5.45.

D

Old 10-21-2009, 04:08 AM   #40

I found it in the local gun store here in michigan it was going for about 300.00 was able to get it for a little less. Looking for new furniture and extra mags for this thing. mags have been tough to find. But its a fun shooting weapon

Last edited by dirtysouth; 10-21-2009 at 04:13 AM. Reason: didnt like what i said before