Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > What AK did you choose and why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default Saigas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiabe1 View Post
Saiga 39 cause its cheap and as accurate as a $1400 arsenal
You got me...I've never shot a Saiga 39, so I cannot express my opinion about it.I think I'll have to give a try to it one day....this is not the first time I hear about its accuracy

Old 08-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #22

Default Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Get em while you can. Obummer is issuing an executive order halting the import of military rifles. Not trying to be political, but it was on CSPAN today and I think it's relevant to this thread.
I find your post relevant, since any rifle I own is a military one and I'll buy some more(If it will still possible).

Frankly speaking I don't know what to think about these laws.On one hand, weapons don't kill people, people kill other people.On the other hand, if you don't have a weapon, your killing/harming potential is drastically lower.

In my opinion, anyone who hasn't criminal records(background check needed) should have the right to own a firearms.A psychological check and Safe-weapon-handling course should be also mandatory(The are too many idiots and freaks out there).

Old 08-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #23

Default haahhahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy View Post
I thought it was the reimporting of firearms we've sold to other people. Which is even dumber because it prohibits imports of m1 garands and the like. Cause so many criminals are holding up liquor stores with m1 garands.
You're damn right!!!!What a stupid law.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #24

Default ....sad but true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Gun bans arent about stopping crime. Banning guns is about protecting criminals from being shot by their victims. Thats about it.

Just an example: liberals think rape is a victimless crime and would rather see a million women raped than one rapist shot by a victim... thats the root of their thinking.
Unfortunately, I know that your right.
People who promote gun bans often don't take in consideration that the criminals WILL SIMPLY NOT BUY THEIR WEAPONS LEGALLY AND WILL BUY THEM independently, WHO CARES ABOUT THE GUN BAN?!.

What's the result?
Criminals will be equipped with more advanced military weapons.The honest gun owner will have a low-profile, somehow-limited weapon for self-defence or sport.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #25

Default What the hell are you waiting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I dont think its off topic, I can't choose an AK-47 if I can't buy one! And I really do want one. I've been lurking on this thread to get ideas.

Thanks for the link. So basically as long as its not re-imported military surplus we can still get imported rifles here. Good to know. Not as bad as I thought. I thought it was any foreign made military caliber weapon when I heard him say it in his speech. I was yelling at the TV at work.
Get you AK as soon as possible!!!Any respectful shooter but have at least one in his arsenal!!!!

I suggest you:
-Zastava M70(Serbian made.Serbians know how to make and improve guns!)
-IMI Galil(The most accurate AK derivative.Somebody says that it is the best one out there)
-AMD 65(Hungarian made...sweet piece of cake..appreciated all around the world)
-Type 56(Chinese...This is overall one of the best....good cost-quality ratio)

What not to buy:
-Egyptian made(trust me...you would be disappointed)
-Romanian WASR
-Everything Bulgarian(They don't pay attention to details and the actual status of the components)

Old 08-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #26

Default non-sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy View Post
That would almost make more sense in my opinion. Why the heck should m1 garands be prohibited from import?? That really screws the cmp and anyone who wants to build their collection of classic guns. And they're AMERICAN weapons.

But you can still get your foreign rifles. For now. I'm confused.

Good luck with picking your ak though. I'm sure you'll post pics
It doesn't make any sense, except for a couple thing.

1)The American gun lobbies are pretty strong in America.Old rifles have been already paid and no gun manufacturer can get any benefit from them.Now:If old guns are banned, the only choice you leave to the gun owners is to buy mainly NEW MANUFACTURED GUNS.This is an extremely good thing for the guns manufacturer, since they keep producing and gaining money.Think about it.
Gun imports to America=money going out.Gun exported from America or placed on the local market=money coming in.American manufacturers don't get any profit from the import of foreign small arms.

2)Military weapon can be pretty dangerous.A well trained civilian can be as dangerous, fast and accurate as a policeman or a soldier.You don't want them to be equipped with bad ass weapons.It's a matter of control.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth

Get you AK as soon as possible!!!Any respectful shooter but have at least one in his arsenal!!!!

I suggest you:
-Zastava M70(Serbian made.Serbians know how to make and improve guns!)
-IMI Galil(The most accurate AK derivative.Somebody says that it is the best one out there)
-AMD 65(Hungarian made...sweet piece of cake..appreciated all around the world)
-Type 56(Chinese...This is overall one of the best....good cost-quality ratio)

What not to buy:
-Egyptian made(trust me...you would be disappointed)
-Romanian WASR
-Everything Bulgarian(They don't pay attention to details and the actual status of the components)
Know the price point on any of these off the top of your head?

I want an AK right NOW. But I'm still paying for my AR-15. I can carry the AR-15 for work but not an AK so i got the AR first. AK comes next!

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 08-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth

It doesn't make any sense, except for a couple thing.

1)The American gun lobbies are pretty strong in America.Old rifles have been already paid and no gun manufacturer can get any benefit from them.Now:If old guns are banned, the only choice you leave to the gun owners is to buy mainly NEW MANUFACTURED GUNS.This is an extremely good thing for the guns manufacturer, since they keep producing and gaining money.Think about it.
Gun imports to America=money going out.Gun exported from America or placed on the local market=money coming in.American manufacturers don't get any profit from the import of foreign small arms.

2)Military weapon can be pretty dangerous.A well trained civilian can be as dangerous, fast and accurate as a policeman or a soldier.You don't want them to be equipped with bad ass weapons.It's a matter of control.
As far as I could tell from the article it was REimporting very old military surplus rifles for the civiian marksmanship program that will be primarily affected by the ban. The rifles depicted in the article are no more "dangerous" than your average hunting rifle.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 08-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #29

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You are talked here about gun ban etc.

I will just want to tell a little bit about Polish situation about guns.

The CCW is almost impossible to get - Police officer behind the desk judgeing that you need or not the CCW (self defense) permit and also law/bill determine that what should be fullfiled/complied to get the licencse!
It means that only few people can get it - buisnesmen, senators, prosecutors etc.

But since 2011 police don't define that you can or can't get sporting license or colectable one.
With sport guns (military one but semi automatic are available) it is simple but it some states you wait about month or month and a half but in other one guy waited 96 days.
But for collecting license this guy waiting almost two (2) years and other one get his license in the same purpouse after two and a half year!
What is funnier we got limits! The second guy from my post get license to collecting guns for one (1) pistol!
Nice collection with one pistol!

-------------------

Why military weapon can be dangerous?
Even a specialized sporting pistol in .32 S&W or 9 mm PARA can the same dangeorous as any other military pistol.
Ofcourse if we are talking about sem auto guns because full auto rifles/carbines can even more deadly in not well trained hands.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #30

Liked 255 Times on 143 Posts

I bought the Romanian Draco pistol like this:Name:  image-1905675344.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  9.2 KB

And then had a builder modify it to be this:Name:  image-1994758045.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  23.3 KB
Name:  image-1253941572.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  28.9 KB

I wanted a short-barreled AK rifle so this was the way I went.