What about an SKS? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

What about an SKS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default what about sks

I have had many sks's all Chinese, all were fine guns. I recently purchased a Russian and i love it. I probably shouldn't have but i decided to trick it out, and i'm real happy with it. If anyone is looking for the best sks mag out there go to www.rifle-tech.com. This mag is a bit more$, but worth every penny. Looks like an ak mag "No duckbill" gaurenteed for life a simple adaptor and your done. They r very easy to change out, their 20 rd is shorter then tapco's 10 rd fixed. Their 30rd is same size as 30 rd ak, but holds 37rd's. They work flawlessly, They also have many more accessories, including a see through scope mounted on a special machined cover and when dissassemling never loses more then 1moa. They r also called DC engineering. They mainly do miitary contracts. They did a trigger job for me, not just polished but machined to specs, a smooth 5lb pull and its as safe as u can get an sks. All n all u can't go wrong with an sks, rugged,reliable, and a fun gun to shoot.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:12 AM   #22

Default thought i'd share my sks. contemplating a scope

What about an SKS? - AK & SKS Discussion

Old 01-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #23

sorry about the size.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:24 AM   #24

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Good lord that's big!!
And...And...you're a giant!!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 01:37 AM   #25

go to jesseingall.wordpress.com. Better size picture there haha

Old 01-18-2011, 02:58 AM   #26
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11665

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Good lord that's big!!
And...And...you're a giant!!!!!!!
I believe that is a life sized picture.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:40 AM   #27

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

SKS's are like redheads, everyone should have one and when you get one you don't know how you lived without it...lol. Seriously though every safe needs to have one SKS, one 10/22 and a 1911.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
SKS's are like redheads, everyone should have one and when you get one you don't know how you lived without it...lol. Seriously though every safe needs to have one SKS, one 10/22 and a 1911.
completely agree!

Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default what about sks

I agree everyone should have an sks. I like the comparison redheads to sks's Lol" what upsets me is when individuals refer to an sks as being junk. They are anything but junk, even the ones with pinned barrels and god only knows how they were heat treated shoot fine. There's always going to be a lemon. But as for myself and all my buddies that have them, we have never had any problems. The sks is rugged, reliable, and depending what you do to the gun damn accurate. The buttend of your gun looks good, hey i still haven't figured out how to post a pic. Started late in life with computors. I'll have to ask some of the younger guys how to do it. When i figure it out i'll post my 1951 tricked out russian. I have to learn, cause i love guns and gun talks.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngreen1 View Post
I love my SKS, Fun to shoot and ammo is still fairly cheap. If you search around you can still get a decent shooter for under 250 bucks.
+1
here lately i have seen norincos run around $225

Newest Threads