WASR AK's - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > WASR AK's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 465

Just to clarify, I dont have any problem with this place, what I said before was mearly a joke . Yes there is tons of info on this site, its my internet home! I dont think you would be unhappy with a WASR

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 07-29-2011, 08:38 AM   #12

You can't really go wrong with any ak. My feelings toward them are they are the most reliable and field tested gun made so far.

Guillie in the sticks~

Old 07-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #13

Default M10

hey go check out the M10 at Colorado Gun Sales - Swiss Firearms | SIG SAUER its a great ak and about the same price as the wasr! its comes with everything you will want is all brand new parts not used like the wasr! way better ak wasr is the bottom of the bucket get something you can have fun with with out all the jamming problems

Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have a WASR 10/63 and love it.

Check out my Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/1crimm

Old 08-01-2011, 02:20 AM   #15

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post
Hey everyone.
I see that many of you have the WASR AK's and I have yet to hear any real "bad" things about them.
The reason you hear bad things about the WASRs is because some people think they can get it to shoot better than an AR, it is not that type of gun. It is a gun that will shoot just about any ammo with out a jam, skip,or a ftf. You can pump the cheapest ammo through it & expect it to run without a hiccup. You can put it up after shooting, get it out 6 months later and expect it to run without a problem when you and your buddy's want to dump some lead downrange.
There not purity the parts don't have a good finish the same people bitch wine & complain about how bad the one they HAD was. But when you buy one as long as you don't think it will change the world, it should be able to wast all the ammo you want to feed through it without a problem.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post
Hey everyone.
I see that many of you have the WASR AK's and I have yet to hear any real "bad" things about them.
I am thinking of selling one of my hunting rifles to get one.
All I am really looking for is a straight up utility rifle. Not looking to knock the nuts off a gnat at 200 yards or anything like that. Just something that is a hoot to shoot and is reliable to have on hand that can shoot 7.62x39 rounds. I already have 600-700 rounds from back when I owned an SKS, i just never got rid of them.
I figure in a SHTF situation it would be handy to have a reliable 30 cal. to do what is needed. I have 3 AR's for accuracy and I also have my M1 carbine and of course my Remmy 700's for even longer shots.
I am thinking the WASR is the hot set up for me. I have no intent to change anything, just keepin in factory finished.
Opinions?
They are a good starter AK or trunk gun but eventually you will want something nicer. For me it was a beautiful underfolder built on a Polish parts kit. One big thing to look for is canted sights. I strongly suggest you find a place with a few in stock to examine and cherry pic.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I hope this answers your question if a WASR is good to go.

Just be sure to inspect it well when you purchase, and you'll be happy. They aren't the prettiest, but they sure do work well.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:49 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

WASRs are just fine and you can do things to sweeten them up. Go for it!!!