Vz58
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Vz58

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Vz58

Does anyone have any background info on this gun from actually handling it and dealing with it. Its the only other 7.62 semi auto besides the mini 30 and sks that is allowed in my state and I like the look of it and the magazine capability, as well as its milled. Does anyone know why certain sites sell the adjustable stock one for around 500 but the wood stock is around 950? With Christmas around the corner id love some info.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

The VZ58 is an AK type of Czechoslovakian origin. It's a good reliable weapon some of their receivers are milled and some are stamped. The mechanics are slightly different than that of an AK. The gas piston surrounds the barrel, then hits the op bar and cycles the carrier. It does not use a hammer and firing pin, but a spring driven striker and the piston is not fixed on the carrier.

One thing to note is that AK mags are not interchangeable with the Vz.58 and I don't know how available they are. My guess is that if your state doesn't allow AK 47's you might be looking at a single stacked version of the Vz. 58 with a 10 round capacity. So if I were you I would check into magazine availability before purchasing. Google is your friend.

As far as your question of price difference. Look at who built/imported it. You might be looking at two from different manufactures and my guess is that the cheaper one is a Century build. The more expensive wood stock rifle is most likely from a different builder and probably of better quality. But I could be wrong.

Last edited by diggsbakes; 12-11-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Vz. 58 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The wiki isn't gospel, but it has a naked pic.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.