Underfolder help

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Underfolder help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Default Underfolder help

I have a Yugo underfolder, with the nut on the side of the receiver that holds the stock to the receiver. If you have this type of AK, you know what I'm talking about. I believe it's referred to as a "castle nut".

There appears to have been a roll pin or some type of pin that is inserted through the nut to keep it tight. This piece has fallen out, and now my whole stock wiggles and must be hand tightened repeatedly.

Does anyone know what I need, in order to fix this, and where I could procure parts, including dimensions so I can get a replacement. It makes my AK basically un-shootable.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #2

At any point did you take apart the whole locking mechegnism and if so did you reinsert all three pins back properly. Check centerfire.com thats where i got my new stock they also had entire kits for the uf

Last edited by manny29; 12-31-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #3

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny29 View Post
At any point did you take apart the whole locking mechegnism and if so did you reinsert all three pins back properly. Check centerfire.com thats where i got my new stock they also had entire kits for the uf
Thanks Manny, no on the taking it apart. I was shooting at the range one day and the stock was wobbling really bad, throwing rounds all over the backstop. I looked at the castle nut and realized there appears to be a hole where a pin should go.

I was hoping someone here would know the dimensions as I'm on vacation and can't mike out my AK, but would love to stop into ACE hardware and pick up that part.