Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > The truth about the Wasr 10/63

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default The truth about the Wasr 10/63

Many people have put down the Wasr10/63 ak and claim it to be unreliable. This is not the case.
Now the wasr 10 isn't the best ak ever made but then again your not paying 800 and up for it, they go for 400 to 500 and were cheaper before the panic buying. One of the biggest misconceptions about the wasr is that it is made from military surplus kits by century. This is false. The wasr ak 47 is made by FA Cugir in Romania as a sporter rifle and will only take single stack magazines. FA Cugir even lists the wasr on their website. I even called century to find out what parts are used to make it. They said that it is made from new parts. (Any ak experts can let me know if I'm wrong about the parts but this is what century said) if you get one make sure the sights are straight and there is no mag wobble. The wasr is a great rifle for the beginner ak enthusiast.

Join The NRA And Protect Our Rights

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2013, 04:01 AM   #2

Liked 1960 Times on 1163 Posts
Likes Given: 422

I've had 2 WASRs. Never had problems with either one. Both were more accurate than most folks expected. Not going to win precision matches, but have given fair showings in action shooting matches. Wasn't disappointed with either one, for the money.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 772 Times on 356 Posts
Likes Given: 366

I have a wasr10/63 unreliable? I think not and much more accurate than you would think considering the remarks you will hear here!
I'm not following you on the single stack mags mine came with two 30 round mags not what I would call single stack?

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

SSGN_Doc Likes This 
Old 12-08-2013, 04:21 AM   #4

Liked 1960 Times on 1163 Posts
Likes Given: 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
I have a wasr10/63 unreliable? I think not and much more accurate than you would think considering the remarks you will hear here!
I'm not following you on the single stack mags mine came with two 30 round mags not what I would call single stack?
Because of import restrictions they are imported with thumbhole stocks and are cut for single stack mags that are restricted to 10 rounds. Century replaces furniture and cuts the mag well out to accept standard AK mags. And Century also replaces the fire control group with US made parts for 922r compliance.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel
I have a wasr10/63 unreliable? I think not and much more accurate than you would think considering the remarks you will hear here! I'm not following you on the single stack mags mine came with two 30 round mags not what I would call single stack?
No he means they're made in Cugir as single stack 10 rounders (WASR 10) then imported to Century and then they cut the magwell to except regular 30 round mags.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #6

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 925

Most people who buy a WASR 10/63 are pleased with it. I got mine six years ago and still no major problems even though a lot of corrosive surplus ammo has gone through it. A lot of rifle for the money!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5254 Times on 2740 Posts
Likes Given: 331

got two of em one for me one for the wife. they both work as expected. if they werent reliable they wouldnt be in the gun safe or going on my trip to tejas next week in a sd role.

i normaly take my bcm carbine for sd but the ammo shortage means i will be taking a gun i cant easily replace the ammo for if i take the ar15 and i do want to do some shooting while im there so im not taking anything i wont have ammo to spare.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #8

Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteydale23
No he means they're made in Cugir as single stack 10 rounders (WASR 10) then imported to Century and then they cut the magwell to except regular 30 round mags.
yes century receives them as a sporter rifle so they can be imported they enlarge the mag well and replace a few parts to make it 922r compliant.

If Anyone has had a bad experience with the wasr please post it. I have seen a few cases but overall it's not a bad gun.

Join The NRA And Protect Our Rights

Old 12-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #9

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I've got one, the mags wobble a bit but not as bad as some, it's a shooter the only problem I've had out of mine was the mag release rivet was messed up and kept wanting to scoot out of it's home but I got that fixed. Over all it's not a bad gun runs like a type writer (the old ones not the electric ones).

I was going to trade it for a real nice deer rifle but I can't seem to part with the damn thing.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED