Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > True glow red dot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAKDUDE
I like it looks cool I'm just waiting for money day. Some say it is a little bent at times but barely and you can either bend it or just sight the red dot more is this true ?
I think some reviews are referring to the detach lever. I read reviews that it is flimsy. I did not find this to be the case. I explained earlier the need to unscrew the screw on the bottom so it does not crank so tight. As far as the rail being bent I couldn't imagine that ever being the case. I had on order a KVar but they were sold out everywhere I looked and one outfit failed to tell me and took the order anyway. Two weeks of wondering where my rail was I called only to find out it was backordered. I wasn't too happy and cancelled my order and picked up This rail. I'm pretty picky when it comes to things I put on my gun. Honestly the quality of this rail beat my expectations and for the price (compared to the 99.00 KVar) it's a good deal. If the rail was bent I would not hesitate to send it back. If it was just barely bent I would not bend it myself, if your red dot will zero in it I'd call it good. You run the risk of bending and marring up the rail. I'm pretty positive the majority of people were speaking of the detach lever not the rail mount itself, and if you read my prior post an do it right the lever is PLENTY strong for its purpose. If you have anymore questions or I can help you out let me know, I wouldn't hesitate recommending this rail.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glore

I think some reviews are referring to the detach lever. I read reviews that it is flimsy. I did not find this to be the case. I explained earlier the need to unscrew the screw on the bottom so it does not crank so tight. As far as the rail being bent I couldn't imagine that ever being the case. I had on order a KVar but they were sold out everywhere I looked and one outfit failed to tell me and took the order anyway. Two weeks of wondering where my rail was I called only to find out it was backordered. I wasn't too happy and cancelled my order and picked up This rail. I'm pretty picky when it comes to things I put on my gun. Honestly the quality of this rail beat my expectations and for the price (compared to the 99.00 KVar) it's a good deal. If the rail was bent I would not hesitate to send it back. If it was just barely bent I would not bend it myself, if your red dot will zero in it I'd call it good. You run the risk of bending and marring up the rail. I'm pretty positive the majority of people were speaking of the detach lever not the rail mount itself, and if you read my prior post an do it right the lever is PLENTY strong for its purpose. If you have anymore questions or I can help you out let me know, I wouldn't hesitate recommending this rail.
You are awesome ordering one asap

Old 04-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

image-837958950.jpg

I got it all on. All that's left is to sight it in.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Awesome! Please tell, what's your opinion of it?

Old 04-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Also how do you like the stock? Does it function properly? Wish a friend had an AK one that I could shoot before I drop the money on it. Bet they are fun!!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glore
Also how do you like the stock? Does it function properly? Wish a friend had an AK one that I could shoot before I drop the money on it. Bet they are fun!!
It worked flawlessly. Got it sighted in half a**ed. Mainly worried about shooting the new colt I got.

Stock works great. I still mainly shoot semi auto but every once in a while I'll let a magazine fly. It works great too. Haven't had a problem yet. Loads of fun.