Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > True glow red dot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default True glow red dot

I was given a true glow 2x42 red dot sight yesterday. I want to put it on my WASR 10 AK-47 but I do not know what type of mount will work on them. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cobra
I was given a true glow 2x42 red dot sight yesterday. I want to put it on my WASR 10 AK-47 but I do not know what type of mount will work on them. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.
I got a UTG quick detach for mine. I'm very pleased with the quality. It actually has a side rail that will soon be home to a tactical light.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #3

Liked 2440 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

You can order bolt covers with a rail installed on it from many

suppliers, J&G, Sarcoinc, and Midway, to name a couple.

You just pull your old cover, pop on the new one, and

viola!

You want to make sure either the fit is tight,

or you do something to snug it up, for best accuracy.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glore

I got a UTG quick detach for mine. I'm very pleased with the quality. It actually has a side rail that will soon be home to a tactical light.
I ordered one of them this morning. How easy is it to install? Does the system work good?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It has always returned to zero just fine for me. Here is a tip (I would suggest searching for the YouTube video where I saw this) when I got mine I backed the bottom screw out several turns. When you install it and lock the lever it clamps down on the side optic rail. You want it to fit snug but not bend out of shape. I backed mine out and it was still plenty tight (never had an issue with over 250 rounds). So just a word of advice, make sure your screw is backed out and adjusted properly, because of the way it is designed it needs to be removed prior to cleaning and if it's constantly placed on the rifle I can see it wearing prematurely. Just my opinion. The pic below is the screw I'm referring to.

image-1912352931.jpg  

Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
It has always returned to zero just fine for me. Here is a tip (I would suggest searching for the YouTube video where I saw this) when I got mine I backed the bottom screw out several turns. When you install it and lock the lever it clamps down on the side optic rail. You want it to fit snug but not bend out of shape. I backed mine out and it was still plenty tight (never had an issue with over 250 rounds). So just a word of advice, make sure your screw is backed out and adjusted properly, because of the way it is designed it needs to be removed prior to cleaning and if it's constantly placed on the rifle I can see it wearing prematurely. Just my opinion. The pic below is the screw I'm referring to.
Thanks. I should be here by Wednesday. I can't wait to get it on, but thanks again for the help.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

No problem, glad I could help. Let me know how things turn out.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #8

Quote:
how much was yours? Amazon has some thought about it read some reviews sounds really good.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I got faster shipping.

image-3127689316.jpg  

Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #10

I like it looks cool I'm just waiting for money day. Some say it is a little bent at times but barely and you can either bend it or just sight the red dot more is this true ?