Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   True glow red dot (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/true-glow-red-dot-62363/)

97cobra 04-12-2012 09:18 AM

True glow red dot

I was given a true glow 2x42 red dot sight yesterday. I want to put it on my WASR 10 AK-47 but I do not know what type of mount will work on them. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Glore 04-12-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97cobra
I was given a true glow 2x42 red dot sight yesterday. I want to put it on my WASR 10 AK-47 but I do not know what type of mount will work on them. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

I got a UTG quick detach for mine. I'm very pleased with the quality. It actually has a side rail that will soon be home to a tactical light.

therewolf 04-12-2012 04:13 PM

You can order bolt covers with a rail installed on it from many

suppliers, J&G, Sarcoinc, and Midway, to name a couple.

You just pull your old cover, pop on the new one, and

viola!

You want to make sure either the fit is tight,

or you do something to snug it up, for best accuracy.

97cobra 04-12-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glore

I got a UTG quick detach for mine. I'm very pleased with the quality. It actually has a side rail that will soon be home to a tactical light.

I ordered one of them this morning. How easy is it to install? Does the system work good?

Glore 04-13-2012 01:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It has always returned to zero just fine for me. Here is a tip (I would suggest searching for the YouTube video where I saw this) when I got mine I backed the bottom screw out several turns. When you install it and lock the lever it clamps down on the side optic rail. You want it to fit snug but not bend out of shape. I backed mine out and it was still plenty tight (never had an issue with over 250 rounds). So just a word of advice, make sure your screw is backed out and adjusted properly, because of the way it is designed it needs to be removed prior to cleaning and if it's constantly placed on the rifle I can see it wearing prematurely. Just my opinion. The pic below is the screw I'm referring to.

97cobra 04-13-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

It has always returned to zero just fine for me. Here is a tip (I would suggest searching for the YouTube video where I saw this) when I got mine I backed the bottom screw out several turns. When you install it and lock the lever it clamps down on the side optic rail. You want it to fit snug but not bend out of shape. I backed mine out and it was still plenty tight (never had an issue with over 250 rounds). So just a word of advice, make sure your screw is backed out and adjusted properly, because of the way it is designed it needs to be removed prior to cleaning and if it's constantly placed on the rifle I can see it wearing prematurely. Just my opinion. The pic below is the screw I'm referring to.

Thanks. I should be here by Wednesday. I can't wait to get it on, but thanks again for the help.

Glore 04-14-2012 12:55 AM

No problem, glad I could help. Let me know how things turn out.

THEAKDUDE 04-16-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

how much was yours? Amazon has some thought about it read some reviews sounds really good.

Glore 04-17-2012 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got faster shipping.

THEAKDUDE 04-17-2012 09:04 PM

I like it looks cool I'm just waiting for money day. Some say it is a little bent at times but barely and you can either bend it or just sight the red dot more is this true ?