Three down, two to go ...
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Three down, two to go ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Three down, two to go ...

Three down, two to go ... - AK & SKS Discussion

I bought a bunch of Hungarian AMD-65 kits and Tapco flats back before the Great Mistake was made, the Obamanation. I don't really know why I've been dragging my feet on them, but I have. I also bought a bending jig and bent my flats and sold the jig for exactly what I paid for it

The pistol was first. Being a pistol it didn't need any US made parts but got a few anyway; rear trunnion for pistol, thread protector and furniture and because I wanted an upper hand-guard it also got a modified Romanian gas tube.

The under-folder in the middle I built about 1.5 years ago, its has a Romanian barrel, gas-tube and under-folder ... compliance parts are the Tapco G2 FCG, Gas Piston, Slant cut muzzle break and Receiver ... with some practice my rivets started looking better!

The side-folder on top I finished this morning and is the closest to the AMD-65 but with a 16" Romanian barrel and of course the compliance parts; Tapco G2 FCG, Gas Piston, Slant cut muzzle break and Receiver.

My last AMD kit is going to be a full wood furniture with Romanian barrel and gas-tube ... and the usual compliance parts ... not exactly sure where I'm going to get the furniture ... since I have enough compliance parts I don't need to use US wood I'm thinking maybe that really nice blond wood I've seen on some of the pre-bans.

Finally I still have an all matching Yugo RPK kit I bought when they first came out, complete with number matching bi-pod and I'd ordered a matching number DCI receiver to make it a perfect kit

When they are all done, I'm planning on a flat black duracoat finish ... but at this rate that will be another 3 years down the road

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #2

Those are nice, clean looking builds you have there!

Tomorrow I'm taking my Yugo RPK kit to a builder. It has a near perfect original bore and I don't trust myself to build it properly.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:46 AM   #3

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Man I really like "commie guns" Seeing this makes me want to get another one. Great looking set!!

Old 09-10-2010, 02:11 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

they are all real nice.
how does the pistol shoot?
never had a chance to shoot one.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

double.. fail

Old 09-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #6

I'll have to get some pics on here at some point. Once I have something pic worthy..and learn how to post said pics...

Old 09-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the props guys ...

They all shoot great ... reliable and straight sights. The pistol is really pretty useless except for blasting, unless its well supported like on the bench ... I've thought several times about doing a SBR on it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Since I posted this I've gotten a bit further on my last AMD-65 kit, holes heat treated, trigger-guard in, trunnions and barrel set and what I thought would be hard to find authentic Hungarian AKM furniture poped up on my first or second search ... its going to be the cream of the crop!

Three down, two to go ... - AK & SKS Discussion

Old 09-14-2010, 01:58 AM   #8

Looking good skydriver, I have a Hungarian SA 2000M project in the works so this really got my attention.

Newest Threads