thinking about getting an AK - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > thinking about getting an AK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
If you ever take anything in this forum to heart, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT BUY FROM CENTURY ARMS!!! The WASR-10 is the biggest pile of steaming poop on the market today, or ever, AK's, arent "cheap" anymore, you get what you pay for, shop around, I'm in your shoes now.
I completely agree with you spuntnik there are alot of problems with the wasr-10s but any of the rifles can be bad century just dose not inspect there guns as well as we all wish they would. I have bought from them once and only once had a horrible time never again.
I will tell you I love saiga and I haven't had a problem since my first one and the gun was replaced by my gun shop it was a so called "vodka soaked rifle build" one of the gas ports was completely blocked off by another peice of metal. After that one tho me and 6 of my friends all have saiga and love them

Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Agree with orangello, the WASR is a good choice for for a low end AK clone. I've had mine four years and no real problems. Well worth the price and functions as well as more expensive models. Eats anything I put in it including crappy corrosive surplus stuff from the '60s. Nothing wrong with getting a higher end AK but Century does all right. Lots of hate for Century but much of it is second hand drivel repeated over and over not first hand experience.

In fact I have 4 Century imported guns and all work well. I did get to inspect them first hand before buying which was an advantage. No doubt there are lemons but that's true of any brand. I'd go with them if I found a deal. You can get WASRs for around $400.
I was wondering are the wasr-10's chrome lined barrels?

Old 08-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #23

Default saiga

I discarded the Izmash route since those Saigas thou good quality and finish, are imported only as single stack rifles and need to be converted to double stack if you want, IMO if I pay top dollars for a rifle I don't want to modify something that should be done at the factory in the first place.

Saiga's are definitely double stack mags my man

Old 08-28-2011, 02:01 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatt1 View Post
i just bought a wasr not too long ago and it has some feeding issues. most of the time it catches on the hammer. other time it seems like the action doesnt even cycle and i have to rack it back to eject the empty casing. anyone have the same issues with a century? im hoping it goes away over time. i have been buying the cheapest ammo i can find and have only put maybe 150 rounds through it. i also shoot it like an ar, slow trigger squeeze, trying to get some accuracy from it. i know thats not what its for but ive been tryin to see what its got. and so far its been decently accurate, its just got that ejecting and feeding issue.
Check to make sure your gas-piston isnt binding in the gas-tube too much. WASR-10s are notorious for having high riding hammers which makes the bolt assembly catch on it. Mine does it some, but only if I cycle it by hand. There are fixes for the hammer riding high, but unless you have a really bad case of it impeading the cycle of the gun I wouldnt worry about it.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
Check to make sure your gas-piston isnt binding in the gas-tube too much. WASR-10s are notorious for having high riding hammers which makes the bolt assembly catch on it. Mine does it some, but only if I cycle it by hand. There are fixes for the hammer riding high, but unless you have a really bad case of it impeading the cycle of the gun I wouldnt worry about it.
its pretty bad. i can only usually fire 2 or 3 rounds before i have a malfunction. ill check the gas piston today. and it only catches on the hammer. but the gas piston issue would explain why the bolt doesnt even move when i fire a round sometimes. thanks for the tip. hopefully i dont have to get any replacement parts...

Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #26

I have a wasr-10 and two days ago fired over 1000 rounds with no problems at all! Not a single one.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #27

Liked 717 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw1594 View Post
I have a wasr-10 and two days ago fired over 1000 rounds with no problems at all! Not a single one.
Like I said, first impressions mean a lot. That Wasr I shot was junk. The guy who bought it, traded it in like 2 weeks later on an R770

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

كافر

Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
Like I said, first impressions mean a lot. That Wasr I shot was junk. The guy who bought it, traded it in like 2 weeks later on an R770
Must've been a gun assembled on a friday evening.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:11 AM   #29

Speaking from experience I hear alot of bad things about the Romanians but if you know what to look for those ak's can be some of the best and for half the price and with all the good aftermarket parts available once you have modded it out you will forget it was ever romanian

image-4173708866.jpg

image-3598875304.jpg

Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 AM   #30

I've never had any issues with mine either. NOT ONE!