ten shot max?? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > ten shot max??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
Wish I could send you some, but would not want to get you in trouble. If I get a chance I will post some picks of my RPK with the drum and 40rd mag's with my Maddi.
hell yea man id love to see that!!!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #42

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The trouble is I always burn my hand after shooting Hi Caps. I have enough drums and mags bought pre clinton to shoot right at 1000 rds. Man that puppy get hot though. Have fun join the NRA vote every election to make where you live better or move to the SW and enjoy whats left of freedom.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:06 AM   #43

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoimhin View Post
The trouble is I always burn my hand after shooting Hi Caps. I have enough drums and mags bought pre clinton to shoot right at 1000 rds. Man that puppy get hot though. Have fun join the NRA vote every election to make where you live better or move to the SW and enjoy whats left of freedom.
i deff wanna join the NRA asap i dont know why i always put iut off??? but i will be able to live just as love as guns and ARs never get outlawed or banned

Old 05-09-2011, 04:43 AM   #44

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Here in Texas we have no magazine capacity restrictions and I have 2 loaded thirty rounders for "rough times" if ever they should come. But when sighting in over at a pal's range my AK with the thirty round mags wouldn't secure down in his "Lead Sled" ....Device to hold rifle in same position round after round.

So I ordered a Tapco ten rounder and I like it...Rifle not as cumbersome to handle in and out of vehicle, or 4 wheeler...I am thousands of miles from a combat situation and a tenner gets the job done here on the farm...Should
a situation arise that I need a hi-cap magazine, they are right handy, loaded, and in reach....But I doubt that anytime soon in the US, unless............

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

Old 05-21-2011, 04:16 AM   #45

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

i love TEXAS...

even have a bill coming up for open carry...

you could move or....

get one or two 30rds and not take them anywhere and just shoot the 10rds. i shoot 5rds mags at the range because you cant stand and the 30rds get in the way alittle.

as for who said $5 for 30rd mags. not true mine were all 10 bucks and 11 bucks for the 40rd i just got.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #46

Default The Sportsman's Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT2TOMMY View Post
when i bought my ak today i wanted to get a 25 or 30rd mag. now the sales man at the gun store told me that in NY unless the gun was made before a certian year you cant have more than a 10 shot mag?? a friend of mine told me alot of states are that way? im sorry ive only been collecting guns for a few months and still a newb... anyone can give me a huge ak school session this so far is my fav gun to date i own
Look on your computer for the Sportsman's Guide. I got my 95 rds drum from them right to my door, you might have to have it sent to someone in A state that you can have them. Good luck.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #47

Default AK

There are a few "loop holes" I guess you can call them iv seen a few conversion mags that are the size of 20+ rounds but have a piece of wood in them that stop the follower from allowing more then 10 rounds, those should be legal to but because technically they are 10 round magazines, but another way you can get an invoice for magazines if you buy them at a gun show or auction or something that has a date stamp pre 1994, hope this helps a bit

Old 06-20-2011, 04:03 AM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT2TOMMY View Post
hell yea man id love to see that!!!
Hey TAT2TOMMY, I was cleaning out my safe and and was oiling my rifles when I remembered I told you that I would post some pictures of my AK's and my spare mags. Well here you go bud, hope you enjoy them.

Here is my Egyptian Maddi, Yugo M-70 Underfolder, and a Chinese NHM-91. I try and keep at least 2 combat loads of spare mag's for each of my rifles. My wife is not happy about the fact that I have a mountain of ammo cans and crates taking up one whole wall in the garage, oh well. I need to order more 75rd drums, I thought I had more then 2, guess I will have to fix that later. The drums are orignal Chinese drums I ordered back in the 90's.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Just a thought, folks- in 1944 and 45, the US Army kicked the crap out of Hitler's army, using a rifle that held an 8 round en bloc clip..........

Ever think maybe the whole hi-cap thing is a bit overrated?
Yeah but if they were toting around a weapon with 30 round in it we would have been screwed times are changing.

If you ain't CAV you ain't ****

Old 12-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #50

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Tat, I've got a grunch of stripper clips for your SKS if you want them. I've got a spent-shell deflector installed on mine, so I can't use them. Somewhere between 20 and 30. Enough to get you through a day of fun without having to hand-pack, anyway!

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."