ten shot max?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > ten shot max??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default ten shot mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuate View Post
My State has no prohibitions regarding mags (Texas) but its funny how I came to own a ten round one with my thirty rounders. Was over at my neighbor's and we couldn't secure my AK in his lead sled for accuracy tests because of the long 30 rd. mag.

So I ordered a Tapco 10 rounder. Although this would cure the lead sled tie down problem, I havent made it back over there but it feeds well and snaps in and out perfectly. We both live on farms and can shoot outdoors.
Texas is the "state" i had a reataurant there in the 90's outside of san antonio i loved it. Right now i'm stuck in NJ. but not for long...

Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

The whole point of limiting mag cap is to keep them out of the hands of psychos and gangs who shoot up whole towns and cities. The ridiculous part is I can get my hands on post ban mags easier that I can get pre bans. I just don't see the point.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #23
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1850 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 564

When CA went to the 10 round mags years ago, buyers went up in caliber. 9mm sales dropped and the 40's and 45's picked up. Why buy a 9mm when you can get the same number of rounds with a 40 and the pistol is the same size.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default ten shot mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT2TOMMY View Post
when i bought my ak today i wanted to get a 25 or 30rd mag. now the sales man at the gun store told me that in NY unless the gun was made before a certian year you cant have more than a 10 shot mag?? a friend of mine told me alot of states are that way? im sorry ive only been collecting guns for a few months and still a newb... anyone can give me a huge ak school session this so far is my fav gun to date i own
I just saw 8 30rd pre-ban mags for sale in upstate want ad digest. You might want to check it out, again make sure you are within the law...

Old 03-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Order some stripper clips and one of those chest rigs that holds a couple dozen stripper clips. I have frequently considered converting back to the stock mag & stripper clips.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #26

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default Magazine round count limitations

I live in the Lone Star State where we can own any kind of mags but I want to relate an experience with my AK which came with two 30 round magazines, Was over at a neighbor's and we found that I couldnt strap my AK down in his "Lead Sled" for accuratcy tests because of the long magazine.

I ordered a Tapco 10 round AK47 and was quite appreciative with it's quality, ease of insertion and release and etc. In fact I leave that one in the AK all the time, but in case zombies or cartel dummies showed up this far North of the Rio Grande...There's two fully loaded 30 rounders in a drawer quite handy. But that is as unlikely hitting the Lotto...

Point is, once you try one of those Tapco 10 rounders and become used to it you will like it and for an all out war you can hide a loaded AK drum mag someplace out of sight and reach of your po po up there....

Old 04-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramochaman View Post
As a former New Yorker I can sympathize with you. I also live in an SSR that limits Mag size. In Maryland you cannot manufacture, buy or sell detachable magazines with a capacity of more than 20 rounds. There is currently proposed legislation seeking to limit the capacity to 10 rounds. It is not illegal to purchase higher capacity magazines out of state and bring them into Maryland.
The irony is that the antis are calling these magazines "High Capacity" when the standard sidearm today in say 9mm is 14 - 17 rounds.
This tactic is just another way that antis like Bloomberg are using to limit the sales of firearms.
it is confusing man...

Old 04-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8691 Times on 3764 Posts
Likes Given: 1336

Just a thought, folks- in 1944 and 45, the US Army kicked the crap out of Hitler's army, using a rifle that held an 8 round en bloc clip..........

Ever think maybe the whole hi-cap thing is a bit overrated?

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Just a thought, folks- in 1944 and 45, the US Army kicked the crap out of Hitler's army, using a rifle that held an 8 round en bloc clip..........

Nicely made point

Old 04-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

Weren't most of the Germans carrying comparably low-cap rifles too, though? I do remember a lot of submachine guns from the movies, but wasn't the average German infantryman carrying a regular rifle with similar capacity?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.