ten shot max?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > ten shot max??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Its the same for MA, we still live under the AWB. You just have to hunt down preban mags like I did for my SUR. There are usually identifying marks on the mag itself which will tell you what year it was made. I don't know much about the AK mags or where there might be a list.
thanx for the info

Old 03-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default The glass is not half empty.

Think on the 'glass is half full' side. You have a great weapon, made in the factory that has produced the best of Mikeal Kalashnikov's babies. Maybe the trigger group has been modified for import and isnt quite as good. Maybe it costs more than an american assembled parts kit (century), to turn into your dream piece. If the full conversion is what your after, with mean commie wood, youll have to get it bit by bit. Your Money is the limit.
I could not assume great odds in having to use more than 10rds to dispatch your enemy. Theres quite a bit to be said about mag capacity and suppressive fire, but thats probably not the case for 99.9999% of us. Its said that most life and death encounters happen very fast and end very fast. Id be glad to have your 10rd saiga by my side, commie wood or not.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ten shot mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjj342 View Post
Think on the 'glass is half full' side. You have a great weapon, made in the factory that has produced the best of Mikeal Kalashnikov's babies. Maybe the trigger group has been modified for import and isnt quite as good. Maybe it costs more than an american assembled parts kit (century), to turn into your dream piece. If the full conversion is what your after, with mean commie wood, youll have to get it bit by bit. Your Money is the limit.
I could not assume great odds in having to use more than 10rds to dispatch your enemy. Theres quite a bit to be said about mag capacity and suppressive fire, but thats probably not the case for 99.9999% of us. Its said that most life and death encounters happen very fast and end very fast. Id be glad to have your 10rd saiga by my side, commie wood or not.
I agree the saiga is a nice gun, i don't know what his intentions are, but from what he's saying he's not happy with 10rd mag. like i said earlier check legalities, i'm pretty sure u can use preban mags. As for going into a combat situation with an AK, i definetely want a larger cap. mag. Thats just my personal opion...

Old 03-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjj342 View Post
nicley put

Old 03-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktommysks View Post
I agree the saiga is a nice gun, i don't know what his intentions are, but from what he's saying he's not happy with 10rd mag. like i said earlier check legalities, i'm pretty sure u can use preban mags. As for going into a combat situation with an AK, i definetely want a larger cap. mag. Thats just my personal opion...
deff true:P i want bigger mags in a situation like that, idk ive just always liked bigger mags lol

Old 03-02-2011, 11:56 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ten shot mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT2TOMMY View Post
yea im upstate as well, and exactly my thoughts, if you have any preban mags that you would like to sell let me know??
I made some calls nobody wants to give up any of their mags. I don't know if it's legal to purchase them in another state. again go to your local gun shop and ask them. Good Luck"

Old 03-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktommysks View Post
I made some calls nobody wants to give up any of their mags. I don't know if it's legal to purchase them in another state. again go to your local gun shop and ask them. Good Luck"
thank you man.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:03 AM   #18

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default State to State

My State has no prohibitions regarding mags (Texas) but its funny how I came to own a ten round one with my thirty rounders. Was over at my neighbor's and we couldn't secure my AK in his lead sled for accuracy tests because of the long 30 rd. mag.

So I ordered a Tapco 10 rounder. Although this would cure the lead sled tie down problem, I havent made it back over there but it feeds well and snaps in and out perfectly. We both live on farms and can shoot outdoors.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

As a former New Yorker I can sympathize with you. I also live in an SSR that limits Mag size. In Maryland you cannot manufacture, buy or sell detachable magazines with a capacity of more than 20 rounds. There is currently proposed legislation seeking to limit the capacity to 10 rounds. It is not illegal to purchase higher capacity magazines out of state and bring them into Maryland.
The irony is that the antis are calling these magazines "High Capacity" when the standard sidearm today in say 9mm is 14 - 17 rounds.
This tactic is just another way that antis like Bloomberg are using to limit the sales of firearms.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default ten shot mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramochaman View Post
As a former New Yorker I can sympathize with you. I also live in an SSR that limits Mag size. In Maryland you cannot manufacture, buy or sell detachable magazines with a capacity of more than 20 rounds. There is currently proposed legislation seeking to limit the capacity to 10 rounds. It is not illegal to purchase higher capacity magazines out of state and bring them into Maryland.
The irony is that the antis are calling these magazines "High Capacity" when the standard sidearm today in say 9mm is 14 - 17 rounds.
This tactic is just another way that antis like Bloomberg are using to limit the sales of firearms.
All these regulations drive me crazy. I recently read that there are roughly 80 million gun owners and approx. 1500 accidental deaths each yr. Now there are approximately 712 thousand doctors and about 120 thousand people die from accidental deaths caused by their doctors, so your chances of dying are 9,000 times greater by going to your doctor then owning a gun or 20 or 30 rd mag. Give me a break, they should start looking at the real problems in our country, and leave us law abiding citizens who enjoy their guns ALONE!!!!!!!!