Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Tapco stocks for sks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tapco stocks for sks?

Just ordered the tapco 6 position stock for my new yugo sks. I took the gun apart today and have it I'n my disposable baking pans and have brake cleaner on it now. It's gonna take Alot of soaking and scrubbing. I'm going to redo my wood stock so i ordered the tapco and a 20 round detachable mag! Has anyone used the tapco stocks? Are the any good?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #2

Just put one on my yugo. Good fit

Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Just put one on a friends sks. He was very pleased with quality. Looked good to me as well!

Old 04-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #4

I'm not trying to talk crap or anything, but in my opinion I would stay away from anything tapco
I worked at a gun shop for a couple of years and we had tons of problems with they're products. But that was couple years ago, maybe they improved on they're quality????

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 04-25-2012, 02:50 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkl-28
I'm not trying to talk crap or anything, but in my opinion I would stay away from anything tapco
I worked at a gun shop for a couple of years and we had tons of problems with they're products. But that was couple years ago, maybe they improved on they're quality????
I believe they have improved. I hear many great things sbout tapco stocks. I have yet to purchase one but I m planning on it very soon.

Used to hear bad things about there magazines as well. I have a few tapco detachable mags. Never had an issue with them at all.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 05-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #6

Default How's mine look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks View Post
Just ordered the tapco 6 position stock for my new yugo sks. I took the gun apart today and have it I'n my disposable baking pans and have brake cleaner on it now. It's gonna take Alot of soaking and scrubbing. I'm going to redo my wood stock so i ordered the tapco and a 20 round detachable mag! Has anyone used the tapco stocks? Are the any good?
Here's my T6'd Chinese. No problems at all. It's a little tough changing out the gas tube cover but that's about it. Just wish I had bought the one designed to use the spike bayonet.

almost forgot. I have 3 TAPCO 20 rd mags and 3 30 rd mags. All 6 work perfectly. This gun was new when I purchased it in stock trim but runs great in it's modified state.
sdc10122-1.jpg  

Last edited by Henhouse1; 05-08-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Add info

Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2579 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I stuck one on mine. It does the job fine. Of course my needs weren't that demanding. I just needed something that has a length of pull longer than the midget stock that came on it.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Agreed on the needing more LOP. I like the Tapco stock and mags just fine, though i may switch back to the montecarlo-style ramline stock mine came in at some point. It does make my Norinco feel a bit more front-heavy.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #9

This is all I can show Cuz mines mines in pawn..... but its a Yugo in a tapco stock and bayonet. Its got a grenade launcher that helps with recoil.......

images.jpeg

Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

My buddy has the exact setup. It's nice. You'll like it.

I don't need No stinking signature.