Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Tapco stocks for sks? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/tapco-stocks-sks-61252/)

bigbucks 03-28-2012 12:54 AM

Tapco stocks for sks?

Just ordered the tapco 6 position stock for my new yugo sks. I took the gun apart today and have it I'n my disposable baking pans and have brake cleaner on it now. It's gonna take Alot of soaking and scrubbing. I'm going to redo my wood stock so i ordered the tapco and a 20 round detachable mag! Has anyone used the tapco stocks? Are the any good?

pauly62 04-21-2012 10:39 PM

Just put one on my yugo. Good fit

Glore 04-22-2012 03:51 AM

Just put one on a friends sks. He was very pleased with quality. Looked good to me as well!

Jkl-28 04-25-2012 02:44 AM

I'm not trying to talk crap or anything, but in my opinion I would stay away from anything tapco
I worked at a gun shop for a couple of years and we had tons of problems with they're products. But that was couple years ago, maybe they improved on they're quality????

UrbanNinja 04-25-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkl-28
I'm not trying to talk crap or anything, but in my opinion I would stay away from anything tapco
I worked at a gun shop for a couple of years and we had tons of problems with they're products. But that was couple years ago, maybe they improved on they're quality????

I believe they have improved. I hear many great things sbout tapco stocks. I have yet to purchase one but I m planning on it very soon.

Used to hear bad things about there magazines as well. I have a few tapco detachable mags. Never had an issue with them at all.

Henhouse1 05-08-2012 05:16 PM

How's mine look?

1 Attachment(s)
:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbucks (Post 753998)
Just ordered the tapco 6 position stock for my new yugo sks. I took the gun apart today and have it I'n my disposable baking pans and have brake cleaner on it now. It's gonna take Alot of soaking and scrubbing. I'm going to redo my wood stock so i ordered the tapco and a 20 round detachable mag! Has anyone used the tapco stocks? Are the any good?

Here's my T6'd Chinese. No problems at all. It's a little tough changing out the gas tube cover but that's about it. Just wish I had bought the one designed to use the spike bayonet.

almost forgot. I have 3 TAPCO 20 rd mags and 3 30 rd mags. All 6 work perfectly. This gun was new when I purchased it in stock trim but runs great in it's modified state.

Overkill0084 05-08-2012 08:34 PM

I stuck one on mine. It does the job fine. Of course my needs weren't that demanding. I just needed something that has a length of pull longer than the midget stock that came on it.

orangello 05-08-2012 09:01 PM

Agreed on the needing more LOP. I like the Tapco stock and mags just fine, though i may switch back to the montecarlo-style ramline stock mine came in at some point. It does make my Norinco feel a bit more front-heavy.

BLUNTTrauma72 05-12-2012 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is all I can show Cuz mines mines in pawn..... but its a Yugo in a tapco stock and bayonet. Its got a grenade launcher that helps with recoil.......

Attachment 45617

mountainman13 05-12-2012 08:14 PM

My buddy has the exact setup. It's nice. You'll like it.