Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > tapco intrafuse sks stock opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default tapco intrafuse sks stock opinions?

Been thinking about updating my sks with a tapco stock. Anyone have one and how do the tapco detachable mags feed/fit with the stock. As always thank you for your input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2012, 01:42 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sksmerc
Been thinking about updating my sks with a tapco stock. Anyone have one and how do the tapco detachable mags feed/fit with the stock. As always thank you for your input.
I don't have the stock but, I do have a 10rd and 20rd tapco mags for my SKS's. Never had any issues with either one. Although I do hear people having lots of problems with the tapco mags not feeding correctly. I use mine with a Nylon Monte Carlo stock and factory wood stock. Ive been considering the intrafuse telescopic (non folding) stock for quite some time.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
I don't have the stock but, I do have a 10rd and 20rd tapco mags for my SKS's. Never had any issues with either one. Although I do hear people having lots of problems with the tapco mags not feeding correctly. I use mine with a Nylon Monte Carlo stock and factory wood stock. Ive been considering the intrafuse telescopic (non folding) stock for quite some time.
Ya I have heard a few people say they have had feeding issues. Awesome to hear that you haven't had issues with the feed. I have been looking at the tapco with the adjustable position stock. Also looking at a few different receiver covers with rails on them. Do you have optics?

Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

Ya I have heard a few people say they have had feeding issues. Awesome to hear that you haven't had issues with the feed. I have been looking at the tapco with the adjustable position stock. Also looking at a few different receiver covers with rails on them. Do you have optics?
I mounted a rail to the dust cover and slapped a cheap Tasco red dot on. I don't do any long distance shooting, just some plinking at the range. The red dot was sufficient enough for that.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #5

Quote:
I mounted a rail to the dust cover and slapped a cheap Tasco red dot on. I don't do any long distance shooting, just some plinking at the range. The red dot was sufficient enough for that.
do you get any rattle in it? I got a nice scope just waiting to figure out what mount to get.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

do you get any rattle in it? I got a nice scope just waiting to figure out what mount to get.
It has only been mounted for about 200rds so far. No issues as of yet. It leaves 4" groups at 35 yards. The rail is riveted to the cover,and the clamps of the tapco are pretty secure, it hasn't seemed to have moved at all. Here is the model I use. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000GF1HKQ

Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is the nylon "sporting" stock I use it with.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #8

Quote:
This is the nylon "sporting" stock I use it with.
haven't seen that stock yet I like the look of it how much was it.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

I have a timbersmith thumbhole on mine. That is freakin titties. The mags fit better then they did with the old stock. Check out milsurpstuff.com he's got lots of sks stuff.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

haven't seen that stock yet I like the look of it how much was it.
They sell for about $60-70. It is usually black. I painted it O.D. Green.