Tapco Intrafuse - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Tapco Intrafuse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Heres some standardized tests that were done to different ak mags. This vid only shows the tapco tests, but shows a 'pass/fail' chart for all the mags tested at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nq25sisQyDg

Old 08-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #12

Liked 493 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 108

I haven't done a whole lot of testing yet, but the Tapco mag for my Golani worked fine.

I wasn't super impressed with it when I first bought it. Just looked very flimsy and too "plasticky". Full disclosure, I have never used polymer mags before so I may have been experiencing some cognitive dissonance.

The Tapco mags feed just fine. When I was actually loading them they actually felt more solid in the hand then they looked in the bag they came in. It was really weird. If I put on a blindfold and loaded it, aside from feeling like plastic, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and my steel mags. Spring feels firm as you're loading rounds.

I'm interested in seeing how it holds up over time, but magazines really are supposed to be disposable so as long as I can get a few years out of them I should more than get my money's worth.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Does anybody own an sks with the intrafuse stock? I see it comes with the handguard but not with the gas tube, so i would have to take out it out of the wooden handguard, which i have no idea how to do. But its an extra $150 to get the hanguard with gas tube plus the piston!

"There was a time when the world asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things."