Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Tapco Intrafuse (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/tapco-intrafuse-95198/)

robocop10mm 08-09-2013 08:12 PM

Tapco Intrafuse

On a whim, I picked up 3 Tapco 30 rd Intrafuse mags for my AK (I did not feel comfortable with only 4, 30 rounders. They seem to be well made. They fit and functioned perfectly. Anyone else have any experience with these?

purehavoc 08-09-2013 08:23 PM

I have one that came with my recent purchase and its been well ,well used . Really its pretty ragged on but it still works flawless . I found a place that has used Russian steel mags for $16 . I like these best they just seat up in the magwell a tad better but maybe thats because mines over used . Everyone I have talked to about mags says the tapco is GTG in the AK and works as well or better than most of the $30+ mags out there

180baseball 08-10-2013 05:44 PM

People always smack of the "Crapco" magazines, but personally I find the TAPCO mags very sturdy and reliable. Also, they are dirt cheap!

Pjj342 08-15-2013 01:28 PM

I like my tapco 30s. The shells strip out nice and smooth and ive never had a problem with them after many hundred rounds. They have worked really well for me and I cant complain at all.

That said, these are not steel reinforced in any way. Ive seen tests where they will fail at the rear tab because of this. For cheap mags, they are great, but I wouldnt be going all 'combat' with them.

roberteast 08-15-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 180baseball
People always smack of the "Crapco" magazines, but personally I find the TAPCO mags very sturdy and reliable. Also, they are dirt cheap!

I don't know why. They serve me well also

Pasquanel 08-16-2013 01:30 AM

I have 6 or so they work fine np at all but they only take 29 rds.
They don't snap into place as nicely as the metal ones.

Rick1967 08-16-2013 03:07 AM

I have 3 of the 20 rounders for my SKS. Mine work perfectly. But they do not handle rounds that are as long as the original mag. I seat my handloads a little shorter so no big deal.

sharkcoasttactical 08-16-2013 03:15 AM

Love Tapco products

sunsoutgunsout 08-19-2013 04:30 PM

I don't have any (yet) but I hear they work very well, and the material is far more reliable than plastic. I know that for the sks certain models need filling for compatibility, but then again tapco makes a universal magazine, and there are several varients of the sks. As for the Ak, i havent heard about any filling required, just ready to go out of the package!

bluez 08-19-2013 04:45 PM

They have strong bodies I've owned the AR version. Steel reinforcement not needed IMO.
Other polymer mags have been used in combat by US military in AR's.

Buddy of mine is a big Ak guy and swears by them.