Tantal sporter stock and hand guard.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Tantal sporter stock and hand guard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tantal sporter stock and hand guard.

Hello everyone, recently picked up a tantal sporter 5.45x39mm at a local gun store for a great price. I was wondering, Does the buttstock remove the same way as the AK-47 would? I cant seem to get it out, removed the two screws at the top (One in back and once under the spring back) but it still wont come off. Its currently equipped with a single bar folding stock that I cant stand. Do I need to grind off the rivets in the receiver? Also is the upper and lower hand guard interchangeable between both of them? Any input would help thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force4000
Hello everyone, recently picked up a tantal sporter 5.45x39mm at a local gun store for a great price. I was wondering, Does the buttstock remove the same way as the AK-47 would? I cant seem to get it out, removed the two screws at the top (One in back and once under the spring back) but it still wont come off. Its currently equipped with a single bar folding stock that I cant stand. Do I need to grind off the rivets in the receiver? Also is the upper and lower hand guard interchangeable between both of them? Any input would help thanks.
Got any pics?