Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Sources of Russian SKS and Chinese SKS (Type 56) - where to buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sources of Russian SKS and Chinese SKS (Type 56) - where to buy?

Hi,

I'm interested in getting the Russian and Chinese (Type 56) SKS and wonder where would be the best source. What're the going prices for the Russian SKS and Chinese one?

I saw a couple Narinco SKS in local shop. They ask $450 to $495, which I think is way overpriced.

For the Chinese SKS, how can I tell the difference between the Type 56 (for military) and the Narinco one (for civilians)? Is there a "serial #" range for reference?

Thanks for your help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2010, 02:13 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

There is one in my local shop for 300. North Coast Shooters Supply, Gun Store, Warrenton, Or

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #3

Default Online sites of SKS

Thanks. How about Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com I saw over 200 listings of SKS on it - mostly Narinco, Yugo and some Russian ones.

Any othr reliable online sources of Very Good condition SKS except gunbroker.com and SAMCO Global (they have Yugo SKS listed)?

Regards

Old 12-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2551 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Norinco SKS's were new manufacture items made for the US market. There are VERY few genuine type 56 carbines in the US. Most are probably war souveniers from Vietnam and will generally look like war souveniers and bring a premium price ($1000 or more). I do not believe any more SKS's from any country are currently imported so it is a supply and demand thing. The $75 Norinco from 20 years ago is now selling for $300+.

The Yugos are the only ones you will find that are genuine Mil-Surp items. They were issue items for many years and then moth balled to be later exported to an eager US market. Some are great little rifles and some are shot out, corroded, unreliable junk.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #5

Default Chinese Type 56 SKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Norinco SKS's were new manufacture items made for the US market. There are VERY few genuine type 56 carbines in the US. Most are probably war souveniers from Vietnam and will generally look like war souveniers and bring a premium price ($1000 or more). I do not believe any more SKS's from any country are currently imported so it is a supply and demand thing. The $75 Norinco from 20 years ago is now selling for $300+.

The Yugos are the only ones you will find that are genuine Mil-Surp items. They were issue items for many years and then moth balled to be later exported to an eager US market. Some are great little rifles and some are shot out, corroded, unreliable junk.
Hi, thanks for your feedbacks. Actually, I saw many Narinco SKS listed on Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com. On the left side of the receiver, it shows the Chinese character "Type 56". Not sure those are genuine Type 56 or newly Narinco manufactured ones.