Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Sources of Russian SKS and Chinese SKS (Type 56) - where to buy? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/sources-russian-sks-chinese-sks-type-56-where-buy-35676/)

bf109 12-17-2010 02:10 AM

Sources of Russian SKS and Chinese SKS (Type 56) - where to buy?

Hi,

I'm interested in getting the Russian and Chinese (Type 56) SKS and wonder where would be the best source. What're the going prices for the Russian SKS and Chinese one?

I saw a couple Narinco SKS in local shop. They ask $450 to $495, which I think is way overpriced.

For the Chinese SKS, how can I tell the difference between the Type 56 (for military) and the Narinco one (for civilians)? Is there a "serial #" range for reference?

Thanks for your help.

doctherock 12-17-2010 02:13 AM

There is one in my local shop for 300. North Coast Shooters Supply, Gun Store, Warrenton, Or

bf109 12-17-2010 01:40 PM

Online sites of SKS

Thanks. How about Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com I saw over 200 listings of SKS on it - mostly Narinco, Yugo and some Russian ones.

Any othr reliable online sources of Very Good condition SKS except gunbroker.com and SAMCO Global (they have Yugo SKS listed)?

Regards

robocop10mm 12-17-2010 04:41 PM

Norinco SKS's were new manufacture items made for the US market. There are VERY few genuine type 56 carbines in the US. Most are probably war souveniers from Vietnam and will generally look like war souveniers and bring a premium price ($1000 or more). I do not believe any more SKS's from any country are currently imported so it is a supply and demand thing. The $75 Norinco from 20 years ago is now selling for $300+.

The Yugos are the only ones you will find that are genuine Mil-Surp items. They were issue items for many years and then moth balled to be later exported to an eager US market. Some are great little rifles and some are shot out, corroded, unreliable junk.

bf109 12-17-2010 08:22 PM

Chinese Type 56 SKS

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 404750)
Norinco SKS's were new manufacture items made for the US market. There are VERY few genuine type 56 carbines in the US. Most are probably war souveniers from Vietnam and will generally look like war souveniers and bring a premium price ($1000 or more). I do not believe any more SKS's from any country are currently imported so it is a supply and demand thing. The $75 Norinco from 20 years ago is now selling for $300+.

The Yugos are the only ones you will find that are genuine Mil-Surp items. They were issue items for many years and then moth balled to be later exported to an eager US market. Some are great little rifles and some are shot out, corroded, unreliable junk.

Hi, thanks for your feedbacks. Actually, I saw many Narinco SKS listed on Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com. On the left side of the receiver, it shows the Chinese character "Type 56". Not sure those are genuine Type 56 or newly Narinco manufactured ones.