sks wont eject round
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > sks wont eject round

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default sks wont eject round

I bought an Yougo sks new about a year ago and now it shoots as straight as ever but it wont eject the spent round. i have ran probably 2000 rounds through it i would like some help please! Also is their a removable mag out their that is worth buying? I have tried several diffrent stamped steel brands with no sucess. I have seen those tapco 20rd mags but dont want to spend the money just to get the same result, are the worth the $$ ? i have waaay to much ammo piled up to scrap this rifle so help would be nice.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Is the action not cycling far enough back to eject the round? Have you cleaned the gas port? Checked for free movement of the gas piston?
A little more info on the problem would help, simply saying "my gun won't eject" is about as specific as "My car won't start".

As for mags, personally i've never seen as sks function properly with removable mags.
If you want alot of ammo capacity and removable mags, just get an AK-47 variant like the romanian WASR-10 and you'll have two rifles that use the same 7.62x39 ammo.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #3

+1 Check the gas port.
If yours has the grenade launcher it may be as simple as throwing a switch,if not it may need to be disassembled and cleaned.
I had the same problem with mine,the gas port had become plugged after firing some particularly dirty milsurp ammo.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Clean the chamber, not just the bore.

Using Wolf?

Does the range officer require you to insert a chamber flag when not shooting? Those orange plastic flags will crud-up the chamber when hot.

I refuse to put that damn thing in my barrel. I just stuff it down the mag void.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #5

by wont eject round i mean that the bolt doesnt open to expell the spent round. when i go home this weekend i will try cleaning the gas port and see what happens thank you all for helping ill post wether it works or not

Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #6

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Don't just clean the gas port clean everything,it all works together. The Yugo M59/66 SKS rifle probably give more trouble than any of the SKS rifle as far as FTE's fired rds.

1. Make sure the gas valve selector switch is all the way over to the right for semi-auto shooting,straight up is for single shot and grenade launching.

2. Try differ brands of ammo,my Yugo would eject anything I ran through it but Wolf. After I replaced the valve even the Wolf worked.

3. If you suspect that you have a leaky gas valve you can make a temporary gasket from a paper clip and try it with the ammo that fails to eject.

Fix
Yugo Gas System Fix

Replacement gas valve
SKS Owners