SKS Vietnamese Varient? Need Advise.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > SKS Vietnamese Varient? Need Advise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default SKS Vietnamese Varient? Need Advise.

Hey guys. Need your help in identifying this rifle I came across. Doesn't look quite like my Yugo or Russian models that I have. No history on it, looks to be an SKS but can't find this model in any reference books. It has a side mounted swivel spike bayonet with the mounts formed to the barrel. The wood along side the barrel his been carved out to accept the folding bayonet. It apears that the underside has also been grooved for a blade bayonet but there are 2 metal rings secured around the wood stock. There is chinese lettering, possible armory stamp, 26,a serial number and 1955 stamped on the reciever. Matching serial numbers are also stamped on the bolt and underside on the mag. Appears to be chambered for 7.62x39. I'll include some scans.
Thanks again for any info.

guns-015.jpg   guns-022.jpg   guns-029.jpg   guns-024.jpg   guns-027.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #2

Likes Given: 291

Looks like a mosin nagant.

Countries are eaten up by the parties they favor, and ravaged by the one they oppose. Fathers and sons, sheath their swords in anothers bowels in the field, and their wives and daughters are exposed to rudeness and lust of ruffians at home.~PHILANTHROPOS

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9918 Times on 4270 Posts
Likes Given: 1561

Chinese, type 53 carbine. Their version of the m44 Moisin-Nagant.

see article click HERE: The Chinese Type 53 Carbine

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 471 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Cool, I like the Bayonet.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #5

Liked 1432 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDeanSr View Post
Looks like a mosin nagant.
Yea, what he said.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default sks vietnamese varient

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor1 View Post
Hey guys. Need your help in identifying this rifle I came across. Doesn't look quite like my Yugo or Russian models that I have. No history on it, looks to be an SKS but can't find this model in any reference books. It has a side mounted swivel spike bayonet with the mounts formed to the barrel. The wood along side the barrel his been carved out to accept the folding bayonet. It apears that the underside has also been grooved for a blade bayonet but there are 2 metal rings secured around the wood stock. There is chinese lettering, possible armory stamp, 26,a serial number and 1955 stamped on the reciever. Matching serial numbers are also stamped on the bolt and underside on the mag. Appears to be chambered for 7.62x39. I'll include some scans.
Thanks again for any info.
From what i can see it appears to be a Mosin-Nagant type 53 an identical copy of the russian 1944 carbine. They started production in 1953 and continued through the early 1960's until there were enough sks's to replace them. Caliber was 7.62x54, not 7.62x39.