Sks stock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Sks stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Default Sks stock

I ordered a tapco stock a couple days ago. Wife just text me it came in today. Can't wait to get home to put it together. I also bought the tapco gas tube and butt pad. Anyone one with any thoughts about tapco stocks?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #2

Liked 2187 Times on 1290 Posts
Likes Given: 474

I prefer the original wood. But that is me. Hope you enjoy your new stock.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #3

Liked 173 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 145

^^^^+1 I had an after market stock on mine for about 10 years but still went back with the woody. Don't throw the wood away or sell, you just never know. BTW sold the plastic stock for more than I paid.....

Old 09-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

I like the wood look also. That's why I got the gas tube With it. That way I can just keep the old one the way it is.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

Quote:
Originally Posted by foot2400 View Post
I ordered a tapco stock a couple days ago. Wife just text me it came in today. Can't wait to get home to put it together. I also bought the tapco gas tube and butt pad. Anyone one with any thoughts about tapco stocks?
I have one on my SKS. I like the way that it feels. I have not shot with it yet though. I still have the wood stock and gas tube assembly as well, just in case.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Another tapco stocker here; I kept the ramline and matching gastube as-was and use the tapco and tapco mags.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2824 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 292

I put a Tapco on my Chinese SKS. I'm 6'3" and found that the OEM stock was too small. The silly rubber spacer/extension that is sold to help this problem looks ridiculous IMHO.
I hope you have better luck than I did with the pin in the gas tube assembly. The instructions say that it should easily come out. I tried everything, but I ended up having to drill it. Also, plan on filing &/or sanding the gas tube cover to fit. Considering the price, the Tapco stock is pretty good. I paid around $60 for mine and came away impressed. Overall it was a change for the better.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1116540314/tapco-intrafuse-t6-adjustable-rifle-stock-sks-with-cut-to-accept-blade-bayonet-synthetic

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
TDS92A Likes This 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Overkill84, he may have bought the complete gas tube with installed railed cover. I bought the complete tube & installed cover & a new piston & some other bits as part of a "compliance package" to dodge that 922 rule about domestic parts count.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

I had the same problem with mine. No matter what I did, I could not get the pin out. Ended up buying a new gas tube assembly, which should beat my place by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
I hope you have better luck than I did with the pin in the gas tube assembly. The instructions say that it should easily come out. I tried everything, but I ended up having to drill it. Also, plan on filing &/or sanding the gas tube cover to fit. Considering the price, the Tapco stock is pretty good. I paid around $60 for mine and came away impressed. Overall it was a change for the better.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1116540314/tapco-intrafuse-t6-adjustable-rifle-stock-sks-with-cut-to-accept-blade-bayonet-synthetic
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich1377usmc View Post
Don't throw the wood away or sell, you just never know. BTW sold the plastic stock for more than I paid.....
This is good advice!

When you to make some adds or upgrades it is better to work on new, replaced parts and have old one in orginal shape.
If you would like to sell it you will have to sets - orginal one and modified. Thanks to it you can ask for more money.
And also what is important you have spare parts if something would go wrong.

I'm doing that with my AKMSN.