Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   sks silencer (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/sks-silencer-41507/)

jayguy 04-19-2011 06:31 PM

sks silencer
 
Is there a sks silencer :confused:??

JonM 04-19-2011 07:12 PM

if the barrel is threaded just need a .silencer with a hole big enough for a .311 diameter bullet. if the barel isnt threaded you can have it threaded at additional cost. there isnt a "special" sks only silencer if thats what your asking.

jayguy 04-19-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 489780)
if the barrel is threaded just need a .silencer with a hole big enough for a .311 diameter bullet. if the barel isnt threaded you can have it threaded at additional cost. there isnt a "special" sks only silencer if thats what your asking.

Thanks!:) I'll have to thread my barel.

robocop10mm 04-19-2011 08:46 PM

Since the SKS is a gas operated rifle, a supressor will wreak havoc on your rifle. The gas pressure stays up longer on a suppressed rifle. Generally the gas port should be smaller on a supressed gun to compensate for the tendancy.

Of course it goes without saying (at least it should) to make sure you are staying within the confines of the National Firearms Act (NFA) before undertaking such a project.

Boyerracing343 04-26-2011 05:00 PM

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to silence your sks? and is it legal in your area?

jayguy 04-26-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 (Post 493690)
If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to silence your sks? and is it legal in your area?

I dont now just in case shtf happens and you need something quite

Boyerracing343 04-27-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayguy (Post 493748)
I dont now just in case shtf happens and you need something quite

ic.... ic.....


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.