sks mod's
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > sks mod's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default sks mod's

Just got a Tapco interfuse stock. Has anyone tried to improve accuracy by using a scope or red dot mounted to the rail on the top of this stock and if so how well did it work?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Hello,

Are you talking about the one on the gas tube?

Won't work. The plastic is too flimsy to hold the 'scope mounts, and the tube will move.

I have a gas tube rail on my SKS for one reason only: It is used as a guttersight to co-witness the iron sights, which are AR style rear and fine post up front.

The guttersight setup is perfect for close (<50yd) range shooting.

If you want to properly mount a 'scope, you'll have to look at the Choate (or similar) side mounts which are just modern incarnations of the PU/PE/PEM style mounts used on both the Mosin-Nagant (common) and SKS (not common) sniper rifles.

Josh

Old 10-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #3

I had a Norinco in a Tapco T6, where the gas tube cover screwed to the stock. I mounted a Leapers red/green dot optic on the rail and it preformed flawlessly, no movement as the rail is secured to the stock. The best scope/optic mount I have used is the Choate receiver mount. You must square the mount to the receiver, drill and tap four holes, I did mine in 8-40, and screw the mount directly to the side of the receiver. It sells for around $50.00 or so and comes with hardware. You might also try the Leapers SKS Quad Rail System. I got one mounted on the T6, but it takes a little work. You have to file the forend of the stock down and square it, but once you get it mounted it is very secure, does not move, and offers 4 rails with around 46 slots.