sks modification
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > sks modification

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default sks modification

Found a part to modify one of my sks's it replaces the reciever and you can mount a scope on it. Looks like it would be real solid. Does anyone have any experience with this ? Any info would be appreciated. Would either go on my yugo or the chinese one. Would mention the site but don't know if that is allowed. THANKS

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #2

Liked 2091 Times on 1153 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

I have seen a few parts like that on the internet. I would be concerned that it might move just a bit. A scope mount that moves is worthless. Just an observance. I haven't actually tested one.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #3

Rick's right on the movement of the cover. I tried one of these when I was a kid and it held the scope, but that's about all.

Some are up around $50.00+ and not worth it in my experience.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #4

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've had one. Unless you can fit it to the weapon in a way that it wont move...It will move. So zeroing the glass will be next to impossible. What you might try is a mount that replaces the hand guard. They are much more steady. THe bolt cover scope mounts look cool but their function is not all that great. I ended up with a Tapco T6 stock on mine and it come with the hand guard mount. I've been much happier with how it all sits now.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson