Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > sks magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I've been eyeballing this mag adapter for my SKS:

Home - TheSKSmagAdapter

$70 and doesn't require permanent mods to the rifle. If anyone here has used this adapter I would appreciate any feedback.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #32

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny357 View Post
I've been eyeballing this mag adapter for my SKS:

Home - TheSKSmagAdapter

$70 and doesn't require permanent mods to the rifle. If anyone here has used this adapter I would appreciate any feedback.
seems and looks like it would work ok.. and probably worth the money too. my 10rd internal mag was half that much. their disclaimer doesnt make me feel to good although sounds like they may help talk you through a problem. also a little weary about people from Houston. but then again im from Dallas.

as for aktommy
for the most part i think you are right about mine being commercially made. i did see somethings about the square codes they call them but the numbers are in the wrong place. looked at the paperwork and it said norinco sks but there are no norinco markings. and i know that doesnt mean anything either way either. its like the chevy truck of the semi-auto rifle world. it doesnt really matter to me what it is although i will be on the look out for a military one in the future. now that i know what to look for. as for the chinese i would say they are as good as anyone at the making of the sks and have made more than anyone else. i would buy 100 sks's over a chinese car any day.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 AM   #33

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default The SKS Mag Adapter

My SKS now uses a mag adapter I purchased from a man in Houston, TX , online. And 20 round Tapco mags modified by him, and he included a drawing how to modify them, Remember that the bolt on an SKS MUST be open before inserting a mag. These have no duckbills, they have been removed and modified. They snap in and out like it was an AK and feed cartridges well.

I believe that you can google him at: TheSKSmagAdapter online &

contact him at : www.thesksmagadapter@sbcglobal.net

By the way, I modded a 30 round duckbill and it worked, don't recall the brand but it was polymer or plastic,,,,

Last edited by cuate; 03-10-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #34

Liked 31 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 143

I just sold a 20 round fixed china star magazine. They can be problematic. The stamped follower is not nearly as reliable as the milled follower in the original 10 round magazine. I also have a Tapco 20 round removable magazine that cycles reliably, but it stays in the gun cabinet. Personally, I'd keep it as an original 10 round rifle, and use stripper clips when fast loading is necessary.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #35

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default sks mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranc2 View Post
seems and looks like it would work ok.. and probably worth the money too. my 10rd internal mag was half that much. their disclaimer doesnt make me feel to good although sounds like they may help talk you through a problem. also a little weary about people from Houston. but then again im from Dallas.

as for aktommy
for the most part i think you are right about mine being commercially made. i did see somethings about the square codes they call them but the numbers are in the wrong place. looked at the paperwork and it said norinco sks but there are no norinco markings. and i know that doesnt mean anything either way either. its like the chevy truck of the semi-auto rifle world. it doesnt really matter to me what it is although i will be on the look out for a military one in the future. now that i know what to look for. as for the chinese i would say they are as good as anyone at the making of the sks and have made more than anyone else. i would buy 100 sks's over a chinese car any day.
Thats funny, yea i would definetely buy another chinese, but a member told me to check out classic arms, Damn they got a great deal on romanian sks's, you might want to check it out.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #36

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default sks mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuate View Post
My SKS now uses a mag adapter I purchased from a man in Houston, TX , online. And 20 round Tapco mags modified by him, and he included a drawing how to modify them, Remember that the bolt on an SKS MUST be open before inserting a mag. These have no duckbills, they have been removed and modified. They snap in and out like it was an AK and feed cartridges well.

I believe that you can google him at: TheSKSmagAdapter online &

contact him at : www.thesksmagadapter@sbcglobal.net

By the way, I modded a 30 round duckbill and it worked, don't recall the brand but it was polymer or plastic,,,,
I tried to contact the guy from houston, i was unable to email him it's not working, any other contacts or any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks"

Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #37

Default his current email address

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktommysks View Post
I tried to contact the guy from houston, i was unable to email him it's not working, any other contacts or any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks"
thesksmagadapter@sbcglobal.net

My previous post must have been in error as to reaching him. I double checked the one mentioned here.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #38

Default SKS removable Mags, like an AK

I did not like the SKS factory ten round mags, and tried this and that duckbill
removable with finding that some do and some don't as to feeding and re-liability. Then I read about the SKS Mag Adapter. ordered one with a modified Tapco twenty round magazine, printed form to show how to modify your own and etc.

I even modified an old black plastic thirty round mag and it works, too .
So I can pop them in like an AK but remember the bolt has to be open to do so or remove then which is not like an AK. Mine feed good and no complaints.

The guy is is Houston, Texas and his email address is :
thesksmagadapter@sbcglobal.com

I think you can google his site at : TheSKSmagAdapter

Hope thats some help to ten round mag sufferers...

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

Old 04-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #39

20 round mags are better