sks magazine - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > sks magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Tapco mags seem to work well in most the SKS using the duck bill mags.
not true on mine. still hit and miss with those as well. a lot of people say they work very well with tapco stock combo.
found the problem to be the weight of the mag together with the recoil would shake the duck bill out from the bottom. went back to the box mag and stripper clips and was much happier with the results. my rifle likes me again.. is how i felt. and once you get accustomed to the stripper clips you can reload fast.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default sks magazines

Like i said in previous post dc enginering also known as rifle-tech. Tapco doesn't even come close. Hey if you don't want to spend the $, then leave it alone and use stripper clips,but if you must have a high capacity mag then you get it from rifle-tech.i agree with most of the other posts it's a crap shoot with tapco mags. I still use stripper clips but pushing into a 20 or 30rd clip is a lot easier.

Last edited by aktommysks; 02-19-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

im sure that works really well on an sks. what people will call a stripper clip on a sks is really just a magazine loader that they make for all different weapons. when i think of a true stripper clip i think of a m1 garand.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default sks magazines

As long as i can remember stripper clips were uses to load a mag, be it fixed or detachable. Hence stripper clip the rounds are stripped from the clip, and pushed into the mag. The m1 garand uses an 8 rd clip inserted into the gun, I've never heard them refered to as stripper clips, just m1 garand clips.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #15

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 798

The M1 uses a En-Bloc clip, the SKS a stripper clip....

Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sks mag

Your right the m1 does use an en block clip. All i'm saying is i never heard of them being refered to as a stripper clip. It really doesn't matter what ever works in your gun and you are comfortable with what your using. I wish they had en block clips for the sks i would like that alot better then the stripper clips. Sometimes i can push the shells right in and other times they just don't want to go.I like stripper clips cause i can carry alot more ammo, but i prefer detatchable mags. All depends what your doing, and personal preference.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:42 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

yeah your right that was a little mistype. meant to just say clips. must of had stripper on the mind at the time.

i believe that they are also called bandoleers.
and i like that the sks does not "ding" when the mag is empty.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default sks mag

Hey pranc 2, having stripper on the mind, doesn't make you a bad person. Lol" Your right about the m1 clips making a ping sound when ejected. It didn't take the GI's long to use it to their advantage. The enemy would wait for the ping and then charge, so our guy's would throw an empty clip,they would charge and only to find out that there was a full clip in the gun. After awhile they thought twice about charging when they heard the ping. My uncle was ther and told me that story.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:30 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktommysks View Post
Like i said in previous post dc enginering also known as rifle-tech. Tapco doesn't even come close. Hey if you don't want to spend the $, then leave it alone and use stripper clips,but if you must have a high capacity mag then you get it from rifle-tech.i agree with most of the other posts it's a crap shoot with tapco mags. I still use stripper clips but pushing into a 20 or 30rd clip is a lot easier.
Rifletech stuff looks like good stuff, but as Salty as it is...Thats a good chunk of the price to upgrade to a bigger better toy. IMO ...now if you have a massive SHTF stockpile of 7.62 x 39 and you and yours lifes could depend on it ...that might be a different story .

Also... I have never had a issue with the Tapco 20 rd mags.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:54 AM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktommysks View Post
Hey pranc 2, having stripper on the mind, doesn't make you a bad person. Lol" Your right about the m1 clips making a ping sound when ejected. It didn't take the GI's long to use it to their advantage. The enemy would wait for the ping and then charge, so our guy's would throw an empty clip,they would charge and only to find out that there was a full clip in the gun. After awhile they thought twice about charging when they heard the ping. My uncle was ther and told me that story.
yeah i had heard that as well (history channel).. sounds like a really fun way to kill a nazi.. talk about surprised. never shot a garand but would love too.

back to the sks and to freddyb
i believe it was the weight of the 30rd fully loaded cuz the same mag with 10rds shot fine. i just choose to take my sks back to OG style because i think she is prettier natural.
the stockpile of 7.62 x 39 i do have with also two weapons that shoot it.