Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Sks mag help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

I am having a simulator problem with mine. I ordered a couple metal 30rd mags that are called Triple K mags??? They both fit but they r very tight. Almost like they are to long. They look like they are all the way forward when they are locked in. So on one of they I filed the lip down where it latches. Not sure if its going to work like I want lol. But I'm going to find out tomorrow at the range.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleDreamer View Post

Unfortunately the conversion was already made when I bought the rifle. I got a pretty good deal on it and couldn't pass it up.
Conversion was already done? What did they convert? Nothing beyond removing the fixed mag shouldve been needed. You should be able to find a fixed 10 (or a 20) and put it in, solving the common problems of aftermarket detach mags. Some work, some dont. And minor fitting is required is with most any parts swap on SKSs, so many were made on different machines that drop in parts are rare.