Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Sks Help Plz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a chinease made norinco sks..and i had the same problems with it , at first using a 30rd magazine. Ok first of all make sure that the clip is in the right way and is put in properly. If it is not then the clip will fall out a little bit evry time you shoot and the gun will jam and it will create a mess. Some clips may fit different then others and you may have to do some trimming on the inside were the clip goes.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #12

Im kinda at a loss here, i have a chinese SKS, with its stock 10 rnd top loading clip. I have been looking for a larger clip, but i may be a lil wary now, as ive never ever had an issue with the top loading clip. is it Yugo and Russian makes that have problems with the clips? or is it just making sure you get the right make for your rifle?

Old 03-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I've had Yugo and Norinco made SKS rifles, and have never had problems with the extended magazines.

Personally, I would stick with the fixed 10 round magazine unless you feel there is a need to have the higher capacity.

P.S. I'll say it before you get jumped on by the other members on this forum. They are not called clips, they are called magazines. The only thing related to your SKS that is a "clip" is the 10 round stripper clips that can make loading your 10 round fixed magazine a little quicker/easier.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
P.S. I'll say it before you get jumped on by the other members on this forum. They are not called clips, they are called magazines. The only thing related to your SKS that is a "clip" is the 10 round stripper clips that can make loading your 10 round fixed magazine a little quicker/easier.

oops my bad, ill try to remember that. heh i know magazine the proper term, clip is just the term ive always used and heard, sorry folks heh

Old 03-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #15

My son has a Norinco that he uses 5 and 30 round mags in. The gun loves every mag we use...

Newest Threads